"I actually agree with Meredith on this. Clarissa's saying this to help Miss Roche." Dr. Bailey says before giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks for that." Kelly says before we leave the room and Dr. Bailey's pager beeps.

"Hey there's a new surgical case coming up from the Pit. Likely diverticulitis. Let's go." Dr. Bailey says before we run to the Pit.

"Watch it! Hands off me! I could report you to the chief and you'd be out on your ass." Ellis' voice rings out, causing both Mommy and I to freeze in our places. Cristina's reading Ellis' chart while Alex looks over at me with sympathy in his eyes.

"Patient's name is complaining of intermittent cramping pain and diarrhea. Also suffers from Alzheimer's." Cristina says.

"Patient's name?" Dr. Bailey asks her when Ellis notices Mommy and I.

"Dr. Ellis Grey." Dr. Bailey looks over at me before nodding.

"Clarissa, what are you doing here?! You know better than to skip school and walk over here! Did those children bother you today about not having a father again?" Ellis asks and I walk over to her.

"Only one girl bothered me and she followed me here. But you are sick and need to let the doctors help you. Please for me?"

"Of course Clarissa." Ellis tells me before Olivia and Tyler bring Ellis to a room and the tears started pouring down my face.

"You really are a bastard!" Izzie gleefully says.

"You are right. I am." I said before walking away from everyone else. Alex follows me and grabs onto my arm.

"No you're not. That prick missed his chance to be your father. But you have me and the rest of your friends and family." Alex tells me before wiping the tears out of my eyes.

"Thank you Alex. I am sorry about your experience with your parents. I wish I was there for you."

"You are here for me now. You've given me another chance at having a family." Alex tells me before I hug him and he hugs me back.

"You are my big brother Alex and will always be my family."

***********************

Meredith's POV

"You and Clarissa have the day off. No room for debate Grey." Dr. Bailey tells me and I nod as I'm getting some stuff from the vending machine.

"We're just going to be here though."

"Of course. Clarissa's been bullied for not having a father?" Dr. Bailey asks me.

"Yeah and also by Izzie a few weeks ago. That bastard's a sore subject for Clarissa. If only I could hit Izzie."

"I'm sure Karev was itching to punch her himself. But instead he went to comfort Clarissa." Dr. Bailey tells me.

"Clarissa's the only person who can make him a softie, well except for his girlfriend."

"I do have to meet this girlfriend sometime." Dr. Bailey tells me with a smile on her face.

"I'm sure Alex will bring her by the hospital sometime. I should get these to Clarissa."

"Let Clarissa know that if she wants to talk to me, I'm always here for her. The hospital has a soft spot for her." Dr. Bailey tells me and I give her a smile.

"Clarissa's an easy person to love." Dr. Bailey smiles before leaving me and I sighed.

**********************

Addison's POV

Virginia, Amelia and I are in the NICU watching over my very sick infant when Clarissa walks into the room with tears in her eyes. Amelia immediately walks over to Clarissa and hugs her, letting Virginia and I continue looking over at the infant.

"Where's the mother?" Virginia asks me while looking through the patient chart.

"Gone. She stuck around long enough to get the kid strung out and then took off. Nice, huh?"

"Trust me I can relate on that front. My birth mother is absolutely fucking trash. She sold me and Sarah to my pedophile of an uncle. We were adopted by our wonderful mom who gave us our first names, but let us keep our last names." Virginia tells me.

"I know it's a long shot. I believe she has a chance at survival and I wouldn't have wasted your time if I didn't believe that."

"I know Addison. We need to be realistic though. This baby is also premature, underweight and addicted to narcotics. She may not survive spinal surgery and if she does, she's a mess. She'll just get meningitis seizures. She's mostly likely going to live a short painful life. But I'll do my best to make sure that doesn't happen." Virginia tells me before I walk over to Amelia and Clarissa.

"Ellis is a patient here and Izzie called me a bastard child again. Why did my birth father not want me? Was I a bad baby?" Clarissa asks me and I hugged her close to me.

"You were not a bad baby Clarissa. He was a bad man who didn't want children. Meredith only told me that part, not who he was or his name." She didn't need to know that he was Ellis' boss in Boston because even if she knew that Meredith was never told his name.

"I told a patient about my hysterectomy and needing to wear a diaper because she has a condition that causes her to uncontrollably blush. Mommy threatened Izzie to tell Dr. Webber if she told." Clarissa tells us before Amelia kisses her head.

"Love, you're one of the most brilliant interns that I've ever come across. You're going to be great in any specialty that you choose. That bastard missed out on being a father to the most amazing young woman I've ever known." Virginia tells Clarissa with a small smile on her face.

"Thank you all for the support and kind words." Clarissa says with a smile of her own.