******

Noah is bidding his guests farewell, I stood by his side, keeping him company amidst the dwindling crowd. Over at the booth in a distance, Nick and Jack are nursing their whiskeys like it's the last drink on earth. Then, here comes Evara, strolling up and catching my eye. She doesn't seem to notice me, and if she did, she'd probably bolt again.

"Done with your work?" Nick's voice breaks through the lingering chatter.

"Yeah, I'm about to head out," Evara replies with a hint of exhaustion. "Once everyone leaves."

Nick gestures towards the array of drinks. "Come on, have a drink with us."

Evara hesitates, "uh,,no, thanks. I really shouldn't."

Jack jumps in with his smooth talk,  "Don't worry, your work is done. It's time to celebrate."

Evara relents with a hesitant nod. "Um, okay."

Nick's enthusiasm is palpable. "That's what I'm talking about! Whiskey?"

"Eh, no. It stinks. I'm a vodka girl." Evara wrinkles her nose. That's so adorable. What the fuck? Since when do I find anything adorable.

Nick chuckles, calling over a waiter and ordering four shots without missing a beat.

Jack, ever the conversationalist, leans in. "So, where exactly are you from?" Why does he care?

"Bangalore," Evara replies proudly. "It's in Karnataka."

"I know the city," Jack nods approvingly. "Pretty cool."

Nick's curiosity is piqued. "Wait, you're from South India?"

Evara beams, nodding vigorously. "Yup!"

"You don't speak Hindi?" Nick asks, surprised. We know hindi, we don't speak that at home but when we visit mom's side of the family, it's of great use.

"I do," Evara replies with a smile. "But it's not my first language. I'm a native Kannada speaker."

"Damn girl!", Nick's eyes widen in realization as the waiter returns with the shots. Evara graciously thanks him, just like the day in the restaurant. Guess it's an habit.

With a swift motion, she downs all four shots in quick succession, prompting cheers from Nick.

Okay, that girl just drank four shots back to back. Hot damn. Pretty sure I'm the reason for her impulsive behaviour.

Jack has a smirk on his face, "Easy there, tiger!"

Nick offers more, "What some more?" and Evara eagerly accepts, "Hell yeah!"

I observe Evara knocking back shots like a pro, a mix of concern and amusement washes over me. The girl's definitely feeling the buzz, but there's a lightness on her face that's infectious. I know I should probably step in and put a halt to the alcohol train, but she looks so damn happy. Besides, I'm the designated driver tonight, so I'll make sure she gets home safe.

She's cautious, always has been. If she's throwing back shots like this, she must feel comfortable and safe. At least, that's what I tell myself as I lean back against the wall, keeping a watchful eye on her.

Nick and Jack seem to be egging her on, offering more drinks like it's a challenge. But Evara's not one to back down from a challenge, especially when she's in such high spirits.

I can't help but chuckle to myself as I watch the scene unfold. Evara's laughter rings out, infectious and carefree.

I know I'll have to intervene soon, but for now, I'll let her revel in the moment. After all, she deserves to have an amazing night. And with me behind the wheel, she'll be safe no matter what.