The "Astounding Mandy"

"Huff! huff! Ash huff! you huff! basterd!" Misty said angrily pulled out her mallet and bashed him in the head.

Ash lay there just out side tunnel.

After Charizard inraged the rock ground types they have to flee from their territory, and the whole Victory road was their territory and they did just that, some times they would get one or two minutes of rest and in under two hours they were outside the Victory road.

"Huff! Misty you huff! should huff! go easy on huff! him."

Charizard laughed at Ash's predicament.

Pikachu, angry at both Misty for hitting Ash for no reason and Charizard for causing this mess. let out a Thunder bolt knocking them both out Charizard and Misty.

"Well they kind of diserved it." Brock said awkwardly.

Pikachu sparked his cheeks again

Time skip

After finding out his first battle Ash and friends were in one of the wooden cabins in trainer's village.

Ash was on the computer researching his opponent.

Pikachu and Misty glaring at eachother, Pikachu sparked his cheeks and Misty stopped glaring.

"Aha, got it his name is 'thee Astaunding Mandy'." Ash emphasized with air quotes. "Last year he competed in the league and lost in the first round in the grass field. last time he used a Exeggutor, a Magmar and a Golbat."

"I don't know about Golbat or Magmar, but I'm sure he'll use his Exeggutor." Brock suggested

"What pokemon are you gonna you?" Brock asked

"I am gonna use Kingler, Muk and Pidgeot." Ash said with a smirk.

"Why them?" Misty questioned.

"You know this will be our official début in the league circuit." Ash said a grin slowly growing on his face.

"Yeah, so?" Misty asked but it seemed Brock caught on.

"Imagine, when in future when people research me and they see my début, they see Ash Ketchum in his début, using a Kingler that he caught not more that four months ago." Ash explained.

"Ok I get that, I get Pidgeot as well but why Muk?" Misty asked.

"You know what is the arena I am batting at?" Ash questioned sarcastically.

"Oh, Well then I can't wait to see that." Misty laughed.

Time skip Battlefield.

"Exeggutor!" Mandy let out his Exeggutor.

Ash smirked."Knew it, Kingler, I choose you!"

"You think you little water could defeat MY Exeggutor?" Mandy questioned.

"Yes, Kingler use X-scissor!"

"Exeggutor, Psybeam!"

Kingler's large claw glowed green and lunged at Exeggutor, Exeggutor's middle face opened it's mouth and launched a beam made of psychic energy, Kingler in mid lunge changed the move to Knock off reflecting the beam.
The Beam went over Exeggutor's head cutting off some leaves. The beam broke his focus and momentum and he fell in the water.

"Confusion, make a Whirlpool!"

Ash grit his teeth and waited.

In the whirlpool Kingler spinning in the middle of the whirlpool.

"Ice beam!"

Kingler's eyes snapped open Kingler's pincer opened and the beam of ice shot out. The beam span with Kingler, making a ice vertex.