epilogue.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙˚*

it's the next day after heeseung and jake had met and it didn't take long for word to get to riki and for riki to practically beg heeseung to let him meet jake.

heeseung has yet to have told jake that they work at the same place. they spent the rest of their "date" yesterday eating some ice cream before parting ways. at this point, heeseung isn't sure why he's hiding it anymore. and after the mess they've just been through, he doesn't want any more secrets or surprises.

"why are we coming back to the bowling alley exactly?" jake asks heeseung as they walk up to the front of the building. jake recalls to himself that he doesn't have work until later that evening, which he also knows heeseung is aware of.

"there's something i need to tell you," heeseung vaguely says, leading them through the door.

blindly, jake follows heeseung like a lost puppy until they arrive at the front desk. behind the counter is a tall and slim guy around their age, jake thinks. the guy sits on a stool scrolling on his phone.

heeseung slams a fist on the table. "yah, riki! look up!"

riki, completely startled, stumbles as he stands up. he lets out a shriek as he does so, his phone falling to the ground. riki glances up to realize it's just heeseung. "dude, what the fuck?! i thought you were the manager–" and then he spots a figure behind heeseung. "who's this?"

although riki has an inkling, heeseung confirms it for him. "jake, this is riki. riki, this is jake."

riki's eyes and smile widen instantly. "bowling ball boy?! in the flesh?!"

jake laughs. "and you must be cupid."

heeseung rolls his eyes but riki wears a proud grin and sends him a wink. "you're welcome." he then turns to heeseung and asks, "why are you here? do you even have a shift today?"

at this, jake furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "shift?"

this isn't exactly how heeseung planned to tell him, but he may as well come clean. carefully, heeseung turns around to face jake. "i was going to tell you, but, uhm, i work here."

the sound of bowling ball hitting a strike a few lanes away from them happens at the same time jake's jaw drops to the floor. heeseung bites his lip anxiously. "are you mad?"

"you work at the same place as me and i had no idea?!?!" jake exclaims, grasping his face with both hands in disbelief.

heeseung guilty nods. he watches as jake's expression switches from shock to incredulity.