22.

I tapped my foot holding the edge of my desk. Students stood infront of me with their cases and books for approvals.

"Later." I spoke not glancing at them. They murmured but my fingers refreshed the page again.

Results are out! I jumped out of my seat walking out of my department. Students around me were startled, I pushed them back and ran to old pathology lab. Huffing, I sat down to type her number.

Please make her pass!

Please!

It took me exactly 5min to load her result. My eyes bulged out . Tears of happiness flowed out of my body. This moment if she was with me, I would have kissed her hard to show how happy she made me today. Finally my girl has done her MD! 3 great years of struggle, separation, mood swings, bad times and extremely uncomfortable situations she secured highest in her department! I jumped in excitement holding my phone.

"Sir?." One of my undergraduate student called out. I turned around to see him.

"Ah nothing! One of my paper got accepted in reputed journal." I gave him a reason patting on his back. He smiled nervously and left not before congratulating me. Tucking my shirt inside, I briskly walked back to my department. Everyone in the corridor were heard talking about good results secured by pg students. I smiled at few and entered the ward to check on patients.

"Yo!. Two of our department students got 2nd and 3rd place in university ranking!." Sanjay my friend spoke as I smiled at him.

"Guess who got 1st?." He asked. I just smiled and moved my head as no.

"My dear darling Dr Anagha! I am sure she will now accept my proposal which I am going to make soon." He spoke smiling like a lost puppy. My hand tightened around the steth, anger radiated towards him but my friend is  dumb to even understand my situation.

"Why don't you concentrate more on cases? Just because you turned 31 years that doesn't mean you will harass anyone you want with your stupid proposals." I commented. He was shocked but didn't say a word. Walking away from me, he left me alone with a patient who was smiling at me.

"How are you feeling after your surgery?." I asked him.  He shrugged his shoulders a gesture made by many patients.

" I think it's time you propose her." He commented as I was leaving.

Propose?

She's mine already!.

Congratulations poured in from all the departments and there was a talk that Anagha outshined everyone. A Wallflower now famous for scoring highest marks. Pride filled in me whenever I heard praises about her.

"Sir, Dr Panchal sir is calling you. " My peon informed. I nodded my head moving behind him silently. As soon as I entered his chamber, he hugged Congratulating on her result.

"That's her hardwork sir. I have not done anything." I said looking away. He smiled knowing full well how much I love her.

"Regardless, she's still a baby of our family who now graduated with good marks. I am happy with that fact that she not only managed to perform well but also engrave good reputation for healing hands among her patients. An achievement we both should be proud of, isn't it?." He spoke. I nodded my head as yes. We talked about different things in our lives leading our conversation to graduation ceremony.

"I will be inviting my professor as chief guest. Why don't you be host of presenting awards for highest scoring graduates and post graduates? I am sure you love to do that?." He asked winking at me. Suddenly an idea struck my mind.