Just then, she heard Omer laughing on the phone.

"Okay, Leyla. I am a little busy with the contractors, so why don't you stop by and bring Mr. Adem's file to the school. I will sign it then. See you!"

Kivilcim rolled her eyes at the mention of Leyla's name.

Kivilcim sighed heavily, realizing her lunch was missing. She glanced around the lounge, hoping to spot it somewhere else, but it was nowhere to be found.

Just then, Omer finished his call and turned towards her, noticing her perplexed expression. "Everything okay, Kivilcim?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

Kivilcim tried to avoid eye contact with Omer. She shook her head slightly, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. "Seems like someone took my lunch. Again. What type of place is this that you take another person's lunch?"

Omer smiled and loved how her voice became slightly higher when she was angry: I have some pastries here. Would you like to sit down and drink some tea?

Kivilcim: Thanks for the offer, Omer. But, I have a lot of work today. I'll see you at the soccer camp this weekend?

Omer: Yes, I'll be there of course. 

As Kivilcim was leaving the lounge, one of the history teachers came in to throw away his lunch and she noticed it was the same one she brought in this morning. Mehmet was a cocky teacher that showed interest in her in the past and when she turned him down, he started to bother her. she did not like him at all.

Mehmet: It is nice to see you smile, Kivilcim.

Kivilcim: It is Ms. Kivilcim, Mr. Mehmet. I would like to let you know that the container in your hands belonged to me. Please, I don't mind, but I ask you to look at the sticky note next time. As adults here who are here to teach children how to prepare for the real world, it isn't appropriate for us to go against our teachings and take what isn't ours. I am sure that isn't difficult for you. Have a great day. 

Kivilcim tore off the sticky note with her initials and thew it in the trash as she walked out.

Mehmet scoffed as she walked out the lounge. "She is such a moody woman, am I right? No one likes women to be so emotional. It is such a turn off."

Omer, who had been quietly observing the interaction, couldn't help but feel a twinge of annoyance at Mehmet's comment. He knew Kivilcim well enough to understand her obvious frustrations, and he wasn't about to let her be criticized unfairly without speaking to him.

"Mehmet, I think you've misunderstood the situation," Omer interjected calmly, but with a firmness in his tone. "Taking someone else's food without permission is simply not acceptable behavior, regardless of the circumstances. We are all adults here. Kivilcim has every right to be upset."

"You're defending her attitude?"

Omer squinted as his stupidity, but he wasn't finished. He walked up to him and looked down at his hands. "Let's make sure this doesn't happen again, alright?"

With that, Omer turned and left the lounge. About a half hour later, he headed towards her office, where he found her buried in paperwork.

"Kivilcim," Omer said smiling, knocking lightly on the door before entering. "I brought you... some lunch after what happened in there."

Kivilcim looked up, surprised and speechless. "Oh, Omer, I... you didn't have to do that," she said, a soft smile spreading across her face."

Omer set the bag on her desk and pulled up a chair. "Well, that man was an idiot for doing that. And, we have the children's practice tonight. You can't function this way." he replied, returning her smile.