Chapter 13: Christmas Traditions

Comenzar desde el principio

I smiled as I looked through the box. Lots of homemade ornaments that Quinn and I made at school. Just those simple popsicle ones with glue, stickers, and pompoms. Mom was alway so happy to get them. I even had a teacher print out our school pictures in first grade I think. She took a puzzle and had us pick out pieces to glue to the frame around the picture.

I groaned as I pulled out my second grade picture ornament. I had lost my two front teeth in that picture. That one was going in the back.

I chuckled to myself as I stood up, brought a few ornaments and began decorating the tree.

"E?"

"In here." I called out to Quinn as I headed back to the box.

I heard Quinn walk into the living room. She pulled off her scarf, gloves, and hat. She smiled at me.

"You found them?" She asked, hurrying over to the box. She dug around and then pulled out one of her school ornaments. "I remember I was so proud of this one."

I looked over at her as she showed it to me. It was a styrofoam ball in the center with pins sticking out of it.

"What grade?"

She frowned, looked at it, then shrugged. "Third I think."

I nodded and continued putting ornaments on the tree. Our little table top tree was starting to get crowded. I wish we could get a real tree, but Dad says they're too much work and no one in the house wanted to take care of it.

"I think that's good." I said standing back to admire our handy work. "What do you think?"

Quinn nodded. "I love it. I think Mom would've loved it too."

"Speaking of Mom." I said turning and grabbing the photo album. "I found this too. It's really cute."

Quinn took it and thumbed through it. A smile spread across her face.

"These are really cute, E." She said

I sat down and she sat next to me, looking through the book.

"So do you know what you're doing for Christmas?" I asked casually.

Quinn shook her head. "I don't know what Dad's doing, but it's probably working just like always."

"Well Natalie invited us both to come over to spend Christmas with the three of them." I said with a smile.

Quinn's face lit up. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Yes! I'd love to have an excuse to visit Natalie." She said excitedly.

"I'll let her know." I said as I looked through the box of ornaments again, making sure that the ones that were on the tree were all we wanted.

~Natalie~

"Nat stop it." Nate said with a frustrated huff. "You will come up with something."

I tapped my leg nervously. I still haven't figured out what to get E. I did find a discounted cook book that I bought for Nate. I got Haley a new stuffed animal. Mary was getting a drawing, since that's what she asked for. Quinn got a headband that matched her school colors that I made from discounted fabric. I thought she could use it for her races. E was difficult though.

Although, our sexy session probably was a good plus. I apologized that we didn't do more and he would stop me with kisses or words. He was so happy that I took those steps. I'm slowly getting there.