Chapter 8: Nightmares and Daydreams

~Elliot~

Quinn was so excited to officially meet Natalie. She met Natalie at the diner, but she said it's different because we're dating now. I told her this morning that I would be taking Natalie home and she was non stop talking about how excited she was. She even changed her outfit twice. I told her I didn't think Natalie would care what she was wearing, but Quinn said she wanted to make a good first impression.

I pulled into the middle school parking lot and honked my horn to notify Quinn that I was here.

"She is so excited to meet you." I told Natalie as we watched Quinn say goodbye to her friends and jogged over to my car from the little courtyard that they were standing in.

She had the biggest smile on her face as she jogged up to the door behind me.

"Natalie, it's so good to see you." She said leaning over the middle consol to give Natalie a hug.

"Well you are my boyfriend's favorite sibling." Natalie said with a giggle.

Quinn poked my shoulder. "You hear that Elliot? Favorite sibling."

I groaned, but I was more curious at her calling me her boyfriend.

"It's weird hearing your full name." Natalie said with a laugh. "I like it, Elliot."

My heartbeat quickened. The way she said my name, my full name, it was music to my ears. I let my mind drift to dirty thoughts like, what I wouldn't give to have her screaming out my name all night long...

"Are you coming to the house?" Quinn asked, knocking me out of my thoughts. "I wish the pool was still open. We could order food and watch a movie."

Natalie looked down with a guilty expression.

"She has to go home, but we can do something Quinn." I offered, looking at her in the mirror.

She huffed and folded her hands across her chest. "I guess. Can we get wings again?"

"Of course."

Quinn fisted the air. "Yes! Thanks, Elliot."

"Are you just calling me that so Natalie can know my name?" I asked with a sigh.

I heard Quinn snicker playfully. "Maybe."

"I already knew your full name." Natalie chimed in.

"How?"

Natalie gave me a 'duh' expression. "The teachers call you Elliot sometimes."

"Not anymore." I said proudly.

I really hated my full name. I made sure that every teacher called me E or for some that didn't want to, they call me Mr. Miller. My dad doesn't even like people calling him that.

"Are you coming to my race on Saturday?" Quinn asked as I turned onto Natalie's street.

"If that's okay." Natalie answered. "I'll have my sister with me too."

We pulled into Natalie's driveway.

"Yes. I'm so excited to have fans in the stands for me." Quinn said her face still had a wide grin.

That made my heart drop a little. Imagine all of the races I could've gone to if I just paid attention.

Natalie put a hand on my arm. I guess she saw my shift.

"We'll be there Quinn, promise." She said softly, looking back at Quinn. "Thanks for the ride, guys. It was so nice to officially meet you, Quinn. I'll see you tomorrow, Elliot."