I was wrong all along.

I thought they were as ruthless as them.

I lied... for nothing?

I considered them as my enemies when they could have been my friends...

My allies.

"Eight?" A faint voice echoed in my ear. I couldn't figure out who it was. I did not want to.

I could feel different emotions rushing in my body, wanting to escape.

Escape... I need to escape...

"Excuse me..." I stood up and hurried to the rest house.

My heart was pounding and I could feel my airways tightening.

"Hey. What's going on, Eight?" A voice echoed from behind again.

I did not know who it was anymore.

I rushed to my room upstairs and went straight to my luggage. As soon as I got it, I closed my door and locked it.

"Eight, it's me Jeno. I'm with the members, can you let us in?" Continuous knocks followed.

'Haera, I hope when the time comes, you'll understand how important it is to have real people around you.'

My mother's voice suddenly spoke in my head.

'But I don't like people.' I replied to her.

'You do like people. You like Jaehyun, right?'

'Yes. Him only.'

'Sooner or later, you'll meet more people and you'll like other people as well, not just Jaehyun. By then, you have to know if they are your enemies or your real friends.'

I held my pounding head and focused on controlling my breathing.

No. I can't break right now.

Fix yourself, Eight.

'It's okay, my Haera. Just breathe, darling. Breathe.'

It was mother again.

Her voice remains as my guide whenever too much emotions fill me up.

I am aware of how much I try to show strength and only strength, and deep down I know that I'm still that fragile young girl wanting to smell the scent and hear the voices of her parents again.

"Eight! Open the door." I heard Jisung's door from the other side of the door.

I opened my luggage and threw all the clothings covering a thick, brown envelope.

"Eight, please open the door. Are you okay?" It was Mark.

The world felt slower when the envelope was finally on my sight.

I never imagined I would do this.

I did not want to do this, but I know I have to.