Chapter 30 : Clap In Iron

A WEEK LATER

Everyone had resumed with their daily lives. Not that anyone liked Tanu or something. Just the formalities at the police station had taken three to four days to complete.

The officers had called yet again but this time they were coming to the Mansion. The family again gathered at the same spot.

Mitali - Raj what do you think happened now ?

Raj - Keep your mouth shut Mitali! We will see what happened

Mitali kept quite after that. Alia tapped her foot anxiously against the floor, Abhi did take a notice of this but chose not to comment. The officers entered the scene.

Officer - We have the evidence now. And well not that y'all should be surprised the killer is among you.

Whispering started, Pranjali gave Alia a look for a split second.

Officer - Please stop speaking

Pranjali - Well then officer you are free to arrest the killer. None of us will cause any hindrance.

Officer - Thank you Mrs.Malhotra. So as I was saying we found a ring in Mrs.Mehra's fist. Maybe when the killer was strangling her the ring came out of the killer's finger as Mrs.Mehra had struggled to get out of their grip.

Again the murmuring began. Mitali checked her hands and Raj's hands as well.

Officer - We will show you the ring.

One of the constables came forward with a zip-lock bag in which the ring was kept. The ring was expensive anyone could tell that. A gold ring with a mid-sized ruby in the middle surrounded by small diamonds.

Abhi squinted his eyes and recognised it almost immediately.

Officer - Does anyone of you recognise this ?

Abhi was in a dilemma, whether to say something or not. But he had gotten nothing by staying silent, maybe this was sign to start speaking up.

Abhi - It's Alia's.

Alia looked at him, feeling at bit betrayed. Sure that was her ring, the only one left with her, but she didn't do anything. Atleast this once she didn't.

Alia - It is but I swear on god I didn't do anything to Tanu !

Officer - Say that at the station

Alia - No no please I didn't listen to me bhai see please look at me once. I didn't do anything atleast this time believe me bhai please.

Abhi - I have believed you a lot but this is not really new for you, is it ?

Raj - And you have said many times that Tanu was getting on your nerves. That if she wasn't here it would be good.

Alia was horrified, how could Raj out of everyone be against her. The female constables came forward to arrest her. But Alia tried to get away from them. At last she was handcuffed and dragged away.

Officer - We will get her confession soon. I am sure she is the culprit. And Mr.Malhotra why don't you come to the station for a while ? I want to talk about something.

Reyansh nodded his head in agreement. Abhi spared a last glance at the ring and went to his room not wanting to listen further. The officers left soon.

Abha - I don't know what type of family is this ? Always doing some crime !

Avni - Yes dadi, I don't think it's safe to live with them. Who knows one of us could be the next traget ?

Mitali, came towards Avni, afraid that they will throw them out.

Mitali - We are not like Alia or Rhea. We won't do anything to you.

Nikhil - Bloody hell! Do you think we will believe you ?

Ishika - Alia didn't spare her own sister in law. And we should believe that you guys won't harm us ?

Now Raj came to Mitali's aid. He wanted show that he was still needy for the house and food.

Raj - Mitali already said we aren't like Alia !

Dhruv - Bhabhi why are we tolerating ? Let's just throw them out !

Abhay - Right

Reyansh caught Raj looking at him. He turned to Pranjali, who gave him a nod to go ahead as planned.

Reyansh - Calm down all of you. Mitali and Raj move back to your own quarter. And Dhruv just sit down for a moment we will talk about this.

Mitali - Just don't kick us out

Vansh - God kitna drama karti hai yeh aurat ! Crime patrol mein laash ka role karogi ?

Pragya smacked his arm and told Mitali to go before Vansh made another remark.

IN THE POLICE VAN

Alia struggled to get her hands free. She tried every method, she pleaded the officers, she tried to scare them but nothing seemed to work. She was still blabbering.

Alia - Leave me I said ! I demand to see a lawyer !

Officer - You need to shut up for a while

Alia - You can't take away my rights ! Call my lawyer right now !

One of the constables made a face.

Constable - Arey yaar kitna bolti hai yeh ! Chup he nhi ho rhi hai ! Chabad Chabad lagi hui !

Lady constable - So ? You stay silent

The van stopped abruptly, Alia peeked out from the small window. An underconstructed building was all in the view. The officers went outside one by one.

Lady constable - Come outside you fool

Alia - No no I won't! Where are we ?! This is not the police station ! Take me there !

Constable - Iska phir shuru ho gya ! Yeh aurat aur iske nakhre. Aisa hai na madam tumko na neeche utarna padega.

The ladies again went inside. One of them grabbed Alia's hand and started to drag. Once she reached the door she jumped out, while the other one pushed Alia from behind.

Alia fell flat on her face, the dirt and pebbles sticking to her skin and clothes.

Alia - You ! How dare you ?! You can't behave like this ! Take me to police station right now !

Constable - Main na tujhe ganji chudail bana dunga ab agar tu kuch boli.

Alia got up somehow, still trying to run away.

Alia - Who are you ?! You aren't the police ! Leave me !

The constable faked an evil laugh.

Constable - Hum toh jahanum ke rakshas hai ! Humare yaha na dayan logo ne kaha hai ki unki rani kho gyi ! Isliye tumko lene aagye chudail rani

Lady constable - Isko chup karao koi pehle !

Officer - Pta nhi kaise log hai yeh ! Kaam karle pehle ki yahi masti mazak chalta rahega ?

The constable stopped but still murmured something like how he was just having some fun.

Alia screamed as all of them dragged her again. Inside the building, they tied her to a pillar and started to leave.

Constable - Dekho ab na yaha chillana mat kyuki aisi jagaho pe aksar tumhari prajati yani ki bhoot hote hai !

And with that he too left hurriedly. Leaving Alia alone, without any trace of someone.
______________________________________

Hello readers !
So now a few more chapters are left before I finish this book !

Kindly vote and comment if you liked the chapter.

Your author,
Vani