Mick Mars #49 | When we were younger.

Start from the beginning

"Robby! Where are we going?" She squealed as she followed him, "Park... I hate school!" Robert groaned, she looked at him with a bit of a frown and sighed as they arrived.

They sat together and talked about random stuff while they waited for the day to end so that they wouldn't get in trouble by their parents for leaving school grounds.

"I'm sorry about dragging you into it..." He murmured and gently rubbed her soft hand in his, she nodded a little and winced, in worry he looked at her hand and saw deep gashes.

"Rose! That's not okay!" He gasped, "Bobby I'm fine," she pouted, he glared at her so she sighed, "Okay... It hurts but I don't want to cause issues..." She said, he frowned a bit and the two held hands as they waited for class to finish.

-----

Robert began feeling pain in his back around 17. He had Rose around him who would come over after school as she was still in.

She would give him hugs whenever he told her about back pains.
One day they were hanging out and his eyes nearly bulged out of his eyes, he gasped and grabbed her hand tightly.

"Bobby? Bobby are you okay?" She asked worriedly, "Shit... Shit my back and my stomach," he hissed a little, she frowned in concern and gently held his hand, rubbing it with her own.

"Um... Do you want to go to the hospital?" She asked softly, "N-No... No!" He hissed a bit and squeezed her hand.

Turns out when she finally persuaded him the first result was a dud.

The second however revealed that damn curse of his. Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Rose was with him through the whole thing and she'd do everything for him, massages, hugs and a hell lot of crying on his shoulder which he'd roll his eyes at a lot of the times, but sometimes it hit him in the soft spot too.

-------

Once she had graduated, the two were walking around together and she told him she had enough to move out and to let him live with her.

Quickly, he jumped on that chance like flies to hot shit.

------

Difficulties stirred around that time and the two were struggling. Robert was needing amps and guitars and Rose was paying for everything including the bills.

He ended up finding her in the dining room crying one day as she was stressing about bills. He frowned and walked over, hugging her and rubbing her back.

"I promise I'll work it out... When I'm out there you'll never worry about this again, I promise!" He said softly.

----

"Rose!" Mick- yes it was Mick now, barked as he walked into the house, "Yeah Bobby?" She asked- never stopping with the original name.

"You will not believe the punk I met at the bar today! Fucker thinks he's slick... He hates every band I love and loves every band I hate! Bloody bastard!" Mick scoffed making Rose giggle.

"Oh really? Did you tell him to fuck off?" Rose smiled, "You bet I did," Mick huffed and sat beside her.

"He's coming to see me at The Stone Pony," he told her, "Oh Bobby..." She sighed with a smile, kissing his forehead.

The two always exchanged little slices of affection here and there.
People asked if they were a couple and the two would go scarlet and stutter as they tried to explain.

"You're the best guitarist I've ever met," she smiled as she played with his hair, "... Damn right I am," he huffed proudly making her laugh. He smiled softly as he rested his head in her lap.

------

1981 Jan 17th.

"Rose!" He hollared through the house.
"Yes Bobby?" She hummed and walked in, "I got in a band! This shit... I... I think this is it!" He told her, she smiled widely and kissed his cheek, "Knew you could do it Bobby!" She smiled, he smiled a little and wrapped his arms around her in a hug.

"They're little bastards though..." He murmured making her snicker as she kissed his head and rubbed his back.

-----

"Miiii- who is that?" Tommy asked as Mick was walking in hand-in-hand with Rose.

"This is my girlfriend Rose," Mick said, Rose smiled and waved a little.
"What what?" Vince asked, "Let me put this into your perspective... I fell in love, I don't disrespect woman, we still love each other, that good enough?" He asked making Rose giggle meanwhile the boys laughed.

"How long have you two been together?" Vince asked curiously, "Not long, but we've been friends since we were seven," Rose smiled, "How old are you?" Tommy asked, "Fuck you, fucking teenagers," Mick grunted making Rose snicker.

"Rose...?" Nikki asked, "Can't say sorry, whatever Mick wants," she smiled, "Ugh, boo!" They booed.

"See what I mean by annoying?" Mick asked making her giggle happily.

----

Decades passed and Mick was rubbing his hand over her thigh, they were sat together and cuddled up in the cold.

"God... I wish I still took the cold like I used to," Rose sniffles, they were in their 70s by now and Mick simply chuckled a little and kissed her cheek.

"I love you Rose..." He smiled, "I love you too Mick," she smiled, "Mick Deal," she said, "Oh shut up!" He laughed as she brought back a nickname from the 80s, she giggled and kissed his cheek.

"I love you," she laughed.

"I love you too, you little shit."