Chapter 11.

Diana couldn't believe she was sitting right next to Zac in his car. It was a surreal feeling, too precious for words to interfere. Her mind was clouded. She couldn't think straight. With every breath she inhaled, she only felt the butterflies multiply within her.

Diana was her clumsy self when it came to buckling her seat belt so Zac helped her at it. There was this one split moment when his cheeks had got really close to her lips which made her heart bang in her chest.

"Thanks," she mumbled,  trying not to sound clumsy.

"No problem," he said before starting the engine of the car.

Apart from the fact that Diana felt too nervous to do anything with Zac being around,  she didn't really know how to fasten the safety belt. That was because she hardly ever sat in a car and even if she did, it was always the backseat.

Diana couldn't get her eyes off Zac while he drove. She was hopelessly dazed and mesmerized by him. A smile played on her lips that just wouldn't end and her heart was beating like it never did.

She couldn't remember the last time she had experienced such joy, such unbounded joy. All that she had ever felt was relief. Relief that she could get through her life each day without her clumsiness getting her into deep trouble. But today was different. She felt happy. Just happy, no another feeling to substitute that. And she couldn't be bothered inspite of knowing that there was pain written all over her future now that she had accepted Zac's unusual proposition.

Instead there were other thoughts in her head which were making her nerves flutter in nervousness and excitement.

Maybe I would somehow get him to send me a friend request on Facebook...

And maybe I  would  be able to tell him how much I absolutely LOVE his singing and his playing the guitar.

And I just wish that he comes to know how much I like him without me having to tell him that...and  maybe, just maybe, he will like me back?

"What happened?" asked Zac in an amused tone, becoming aware by the corner of his eye that she was facing sideways at him.

"N-Nothing," she immediately glanced away from him, feeling mortified at getting caught, "Actually the---the view from the window of your side is so much better than mine...So was just looking at that.."

Diana lied.

"O...kay? So, you hate shopping for clothes, shoes and cosmetics?" asked Zac, referring to all those stores that could be seen lined up through her side of the window.

Diana was caught completely off guard by that.

She loved great clothes,  fancy shoes and those amazing cosmetics but didn't think she was good enough to wear those.

"No, it's n--" she began to clarify.

"It's completely alright. You don't have to feel bad about hating what majority of the girls love," he assured her, "Every individual is entitled to have his or her opinion. You don't necessarily have to do what others do."

Damn. There was absolutely no point of telling him anything now because he will take her words for an excuse. She was a ridiculously plain looking girl anyway. He had every reason to think that way of her.

There was silence in the car again but Diana was finding it uneasy to breath in it because of the lie she had uttered to him.

"You definitely must have looked for other girls to be your flat mate. I would want to know why you didn't find them to be suitable to be your pretend girlfriend," she blurted out, only to do away with the unnerving silence.