Chapter 6.

"Say what?" Diana spluttered, stunned to the depths of her roots. Her palms had run cold and her heart had gone bonkers. Also probably her jaw might have dropped a lot more than she would have wanted it to.

Perks of having your crush unexpectedly appearing out of nowhere and asking you to be his girlfriend.

"That came out wrong," Zac muttered, "Better way to ask would be will you move in with me?"

"Say what?" she spluttered once again, her heart beating madly. If that was a better way to ask a question, she really needed to go back to playschool to learn everything all over again.

"Guess I'm messing it all up," mumbled Zac, "I'm never good at talks that matter the most."

"Say, um, what?" Diana officially had no clue what was happening. Oh wait, he could be drunk even though he managed to look sober, "To answer your two questions, I'm not a bimbo and I'm not a bimbo," she added slowly, hoping he'd realize he was indeed at a wrong address.

Then he would go away and she can take a little more than a millennium to forget that Zac Clayton had ever walked into her life by mistake.

"Yeah Yeah I know you aren't like those bimbos I have flings with. Okay, here's the thing. I found a really good apartment to move in to. But the problem is, the landlady rents it only to excessively romantic couples high on commitment. And I'm way too far for that one," he quickly went on to elaborate further, "That place is ten times better than this apartment and you don't have to pay any rent. I'll pay the whole lease amount. The best part is there are two rooms. So you don't have to worry about us being on each other's faces."

What if I really want us to be on each other's faces?

""You....you want me to be your pretend girlfriend and move in with you in that apartment--like a couple?" she asked cautiously, unable to believe what she heard.

"In other words, yes..." he nodded gravely, "I understand that you just lost a flatmate and I need one. At the end of the day, we will just be sharing an apartment like normal individuals, just the landlady doesn't has to know about it. What do you think?"

"I-I don't know...I think I'll need some time to decide," Diana responded. She wasn't able to think straight. This was too much for her.

"Yeah totally, why not? I'm so glad you haven't entirely refused and that you're willing to give a good thought to it," he said, then went on to add, "Can I have your phone number?"

He wants my...my phone number...?????

"Um, didn't you extract my phone number along with my address details?" she asked.

"Nope. Just your name and address. I felt it was just a lot more creepy to steal someone's phone number. So I thought rather ask you about it," he said in a bit of a mortified tone, "Do I get your phone number then?"

"Y-Yeah, yeah you do."

"So what's it then?" he asked looking at her with those charming black eyes of his.

Blank.

Diana was absolutely blank. She couldn't recollect any of the digits of her phone number. Not even one.

What the fuck?

Fuck what was her phone number?

What the fuck was her phone number?

It would have been so much better if he'd sneaked her phone details as well. Would have saved her from another embarrassment.

When she started to speak, she was stuttering but then, like a miracle, she was able to recall him her exact phone number and tell him.