Chapter 2.

Maybe mature towards the end.

*

Diana felt her heart skip countless beats in that moment when she saw her crush Zac walk in the restaurant. She had never seen him anywhere outside college before this. That's because she never had been to any place apart from college. And even if she did hang out on her own somewhere, it was never the place Zac would want to be at. For example, the library or a bookstore.

But then places didn't matter 'cause it had to be the same story everytime.

Just like it always happened, Diana just couldn't take her eyes off him. She was so damn mesmerized. All she could think of was how dreamy he looked. And all she could hear were her heart beats getting louder. She was gushing over him in her mind, yearning for him to see her, to make talk with her and maybe, like her enough to hold her hand and go for long walks in the evenings?

But just like always, none of her secret wishes materialized.

Zac Clayton had sat down with his friends at a table guffawing over the lively conversation he was having between them, very much unaware of what she was thinking about him or even her presence.

Why?

Why can't he look at her even for once? Why can he notice her inspite of sitting just six tables away? Why can't he see how much she likes him?

Why can't he just know how crazy she was for him....?

How is it even possible that one person feels so strongly for another person who doesn't has the slightest clue about it? How does such unfairness work?

"I accepted Zac's friend request on Facebook this morning."

That halted Diana's inner grouses and made her wide-eyed with astonishment. "You what?" she sputtered, turning to look at her friend again.

"Yup," responded Ruth in a proud manner. "I'll show you."

And indeed, when Ruth logged into Facebook through the app, Diana could see Zac in the friend list displayed by the iPhone screen.

"I kept his request pending for two whole days before finally accepting it," shrugged Ruth, casually flipping her curly brown hair.

"That's--That's nice," Diana said, plastering a smile on her face. On the inside, she felt her heart break. She'd been longing for her Facebook notification tab pop red with Zac's friend request for what seemed like ages now and Ruth had got it without even wishing once for it....

But then Diana recalled something which brightened her mood.

"Hey, um, what about the pics that we had clicked of ours in our apartment that you had uploaded on facebook a few weeks back?" she asked. "Can I see those?"

Those were rare photos where Diana thought she actually looked good. If Zac comes across those photos on Ruth's profile, chances are he might send her a friend request too!!

Diana felt really excited with that thought. She was so glad that her photos were there on Ruth's page.

"Err...no," Ruth muttered doubtfully. "I don't think I have those photos on facebook anymore.... I must have deleted it a few days back."

Diana's mouth fell. "Wha--Why?"

"The background was shabby and the photos looked quite dull as compared to others," reasoned Ruth. "I'm really sorry if that hurt you...."

"No...it's okay," smiled Diana. This time the smile withered a little but her friend had got too busy reading a message that had just arrived on her phone.