𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

𝓐𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮

7:30am, I walk downstairs and collect the newspaper from the front door, I place it in the kitchen counter for my dad when he gets home from work. I grab a cup of coffee and go to walk into my room.

Oh. The front page of the newspaper reads. 'Mötley Crüe bassist, Nikki Sixx, has announced his relationship with model, Vanity.' Of course he has moved on, we broke up 3 months ago, tears well up in my eyes, she's gorgeous. My train of thoughts is interrupted by the phone ringing.

"Hello?" I say into the phone, "hello, it's Doc, is this Annette?" I hear through the phone, "yeah it is, how can I help you?" I ask "oh, I have a friend, he's a music executive, he saw you preforming with Mötley Crüe, he thinks you have the potential to be a singer, he'd love to meet you." Doc explains, what the fuck! A music executive wants to meet me! He thinks I could be a singer! That's like the dream for me! "I- er- I would love to meet him!" I say quickly, causing me to stutter over my words. "Okay! Come by my office 3pm tomorrow!" Doc replies, "okay! Bye Doc!" I say before hanging the phone up, and placing it back on the stand. Holy fuck! I can't wait.

I found myself sat in a bar, drinking away my sorrows, me and Nikki broke up three months ago, and I still can't get over him! I don't know why it's so difficult for me, he cheated on me for fucks sake, and I still find myself thinking about him all the time. "Another drink, please" I say to the bartender, in which he hands me a drink. I chug my final drink and head for the door, I stumble my way through the car park and find myself at my car, I climb inside the driver's side.

I'm going down the street, my foot pushing harder, and harder onto the accelerator, going faster and faster down the street, everything is blurry, nothing is clear for me. As I go down the street I hear the sirens from a police car, I pull over to the side of the street and roll down my window, before I know it a police car is at my car window, "do you know why we pulled you over?" The officer asks me, "no..." I slur, "you were going 90 on a 50 road, you drove a red light, and by the sounds and looks of it, your wasted" he explains, "oh" I mumble. "C'mon, we have to take you to the station" he says opening my car door and leading me to the back of the police car.

I'm sat in the cell, I have to stay here overnight, they are letting me go tomorrow though. "Annette, you can phone someone if you'd like" an officer explains opening the cell door, I walk out the cell and towards the phone, I can't call my dad, he'll murder me, I have no one else to call, I type in the number I had memorised so clearly, Nikki's, it rings, and rings, and rings, no answer. I let out a sigh before calling Mick.

"Hello?" I hear through the phone, "hey mick." I slur, "Annette?" He asks. "Yeah." I mumble, "oh hey, what can I do for you?" He asks, "I got arrested for speeding, running a red, and drunk driving, can you pick me up in the morning and drop me off at my car?" I ask, "sure" he answers, "thank you, Mick" I smile. "I'll be there in the morning, see you later" "bye" I hang up the phone, and the officer walks my back to my cell. I lie on the bed, trying to fall asleep, but it's a bit difficult, considering the bed feels like it's made of bricks.

"Annette, wake up. Someone's hear for you" I hear, I stand up, and see the officer, I groggily walk over to the cell door, which the officer had opened for me, I get lead to the desk where I see Mick sat down, I smile to him and he returns it. "Here are your keys. Drive safe." The receptionist says handing me my car keys, I walk over to Mick and he leads me to his car. "What the fuck, Annette" he says sitting in the drivers seat while I sit in the passenger seat, "why would you do that?! I thought you were smarter than that!" He raises his voice slightly. "I found out about Nikki and Vanity, and I can't stop thinking about Nikki, I thought maybe if I drank I could forget about him, I didn't realise how much I drank, I thought I was fine to drive but clearly I wasn't." I explain, "oh, Annette I'm sorry, if it's any consolation, me and the others, excluding Nikki, we don't like her, she's bitchy, and full of herself. We don't know why Nikki likes her, she's such a downgrade. And Nikki doesn't seem happy with her, not like he was with you." He assures me, I give him a weak smile. "Thank you, Mick." I smile to him, he starts driving while I tell him where my car is, "so, how is the band doing?" I ask, "good, but Nikki, Nikki he isn't, he's not himself, he's drinking all the time, he's keeping to himself more, he rarely leaves him house, oh right we all have our own houses now, they're huge, the band is gaining way more money" he explains, "that's good, that's good." I reply. He pulls up to my car, "thanks, Mick" I say opening the car door, "anytime, kid" he says back, as I close the door and climb into my own car.

I get ready for my meeting, I dress extremely smart, to make a good impression, so none of my usual leather, I wear a light pink skirt, a white button up shirt, and a blazer which matches the skirt. I put on some white heels and head to Doc's office.

I walk inside the building and head to Doc's office, I knock on the door and I'm met with Doc. "Hello, Annette" he smiles, moving allowing me to enter. "Hi, doc" I say as I walk into the office, and see a fancy, older looking man sat down on a couch, "hello Annette, I'm Benjamin Hopper" he says standing up and extending his hand out, I shake his hand and he sits down down, "have a seat." He says, pointing to the seat opposite him, I do as he says and sits down, while Doc sits next to him.

"I'm sure Doc told you, but I saw you singing with Mötley, and I think you have really good potential to do good, by yourself, to be a solo singer, not a back up one." He explains, my heartbeat gets faster, at the thought of me being famous, for singing, the thing that I always ever since I was a child. "Have you ever wrote songs?" Benjamin asks me, "I wrote them, but I never did anything with them" I reply. "Well write me a song, bring it to me, what? On Monday? I'll edit any bits that need edited, that sound good?" He explains, "that sounds amazing" I smile, "I'll see you then, just meet here again?" He says looking at doc and he just nods, "okay, goodbye." I say walking out.

A/n: this is my longest chapter yet 😨