I Remember

Chapter 50.
📖•-•-•🌿-•-•-•📚

TW⚠️: The following content may trigger past trauma.

Trauma
            - an emotional or psychological response to a distressing or disturbing event or experience that overwhelms a person's ability to cope.

🪷

🪷

Ja'Aliyah's POV:

I walked into the house extremely tired and exhausted. I kicked my shoes off by the doorway and walked further into the house.

"Mommy?" I called out whilst looking around, though there wasn't an answer.

Maybe she gone a shop.

"Hello Ja'Aliyah."

I looked up at the man that stood before me, the same man that had claimed to be my father. He would only come around once in a blue moon.

Yuh know how long mi nuh see him?

"Daddy?" I answered in response running to jump and hug him as he caught me and his hand snaked around my waist and he placed his other hand under my thigh to balance me.

"A me man, yuh miss mi? Yuh get heavy dan the last time me see."

"Yes of course." I answered smiling as I attempted to get free from his hold though he wouldn't loosen his grip.

"Where is mommy?" I asked.

"She gone dung a shop fi come back."

"Okay. You a stay here?"

"Just fi tonight, mi come fi stay."

"Okay." I answered disappointedly. "Mi aguh bathe and guh duh mi homework."

Mi a get more homework than mi fren dem weh ina grade four and a grade two mi inna. Dat unfair.

With that I walked off and entered my room where I stripped from my tunic and white blouse as well as my socks.

I walked into the main bathroom in my school tights and trainers when he stopped me.

"Come here Liyah, yuh know weh the remote?"

I answered no and he insisted I help him to find it.

"See it there." I stated pointing to the tip of the remote that was hiding in between the cushions in the couch.

"Oh thanks. Yuh a grow nicely though."

I looked at him strangely but shrugged my shoulders and responded "mhm" before turning on my heels to the bathroom.

I removed my clothing and stepped into the shower leaving my underwear, tights and trainers to lay on the ground.

I turned the pipe on and allowed the water to fill in the bath pan before turning it off when it had reached a desired amount. I soaped up my wet rag and lathered it onto my body.