5.Getting closer

Nandini

After having snacks he went to his room saying that he has some pending work. I sat in the hall watching TV when I thought about doing something for Manik Bhaiya, scratch it only Manik, I went upstairs and opened his door slowly to see him engaged in his laptop but when I was about to shut the door he saw me.

"Nandini do you need anything" He asked putting his laptop on bed coming near me.

"Ha, wo actually you are busy na to I thought ki mein dinner order kar deti hoon but my phone is discharged so can I borrow yours" I told him whatever came into my mind .

"So why are going without taking the mobile and anyways you can put your phone on charge anytime" He interrogated .

" Because you were busy and I am not able to find my charger, ho gaya ya aur kuch" I answered making a akimbo.

"No, here take this" He said giving me his phone.

"I am sorry you must be getting bore ,but I have to finish this work urgently " He said in a guilty tone.

" It's ok, anyways I was watching a movie so I am not getting bore, waise how much will you take " I asked causally.

"One hour more" He replied.

"Okay, finish your work ,I will call you for dinner " I told and ran away from there before he could speak anything.

I ordered dinner and some candles and decorative items ,it showed that it will come within an hour. So I went to my room taking some plates and candle holder from the kitchen.

I changed the bedsheet into a white one ,and arranged the plates and candle holder on the bed.Then I took some fairy lights from the store room and put them behind my bed, I took the vase from side table and placed it between the bed with artificial roses. I guess this is ok with the limited time .

I was arranging the room when I passed by the mirror to see that my hair is messed up,my lips are chapped and my face looks dull .Before I used to go in front of him looking like a homeless creature but now he is my husband and I have seen ammi and badi ammi getting ready for abbu and bade abbu when they come back from work.

so I went to the washroom and washed my face ,combed my hair and put some lipstick on my lips When I heard the phone ringing ,I picked it up ,it was the delivery guy. So I went downstairs and took the delivery,but when I was going to my room Manik came out of his room and saw me with the food packets.

"Why are you taking the food upstairs" He asked me ,inko har time bas sawal puchna rahta hai. I was thinking of a answer when his phone rang .

" Here your phone is ringing" I gave him the phone and he received it ,it was from office he showed me fingers to wait for five minutes .

"Come to my room after you finish your call" I mouthed moving from their.

I went to my room hurriedly and putting the candles in candle stand,I lighten up. I put the food on plates and switched off the light except for fairy lights.

"Perfect" I exclaimed seeing the room it looks perfect. I was waiting for him its been more than ten minutes but he didn't came. So I thought to look for him but as I opened the door he was coming from the other side and my head banged with his chest .

"Ouch" I whispered rubbing my head.

"Shit, I am sorry,I didn't see you" He said rubbing my forehead keeping his hand over mine .

" It's ok, it's not painful,come inside" I told I guess that's when he noticed the decor because his face looks shocked.

Manik

I was going to the nandini room and I guess she was coming to call me but she had her head banged with my chest. I was rubbing her forehead when she said that it is not paining so I stopped and I looked around the room so see a candle light dinner arranged on her bed. It was looking like a date night.

"What's all this" I asked her with a smile on my face.

"A thank you dinner for my husband" She replied and her cheeks went red when she called me her husband.

"Nandini you know that you don't need to do all of this but thank you for making me feel special" I told her .

"Did you liked it" she asked me.

" I loved it" I replied and she smiled.

"Wait let me take a picture" she told me searching for her phone when I was to eat but she couldn't find it so she looked at me with a puppy face , without saying anything I gave her my phone and she smiled seeing it. I know she must have kept her phone somewhere and forgetten.

"Can I eat now" I asked her when she was looking at the pictures in my phone and she hummed before keeping it on side and having food. We keep on talking about some topic, it was not awkward and she was trying for this relationship that's what matter. I thought she will take time to accept our marriage and to forget dhruv but I guess after what he did she don't want to remember him.

"Wait wait I have ordered dessert also" She called me from back when I was about to go after finishing my dinner and washing my hand.
I came back and sat on the sofa and she gave me pastry and she also started to have one sitting beside me.

"I am done" She said keeping the plate and spoon on the table and I looked at her. There was cream on the corner of her lips.

"Nandini there is cream on your lips" I told looking here and there.

"Hatt gaya" she asked after wiping it but there was still little bit left so I actioned her telling where the cream is left but she didn't understand.

I looked at her intensely before going near her,and wiped her lips from my thumb, she looked at shocked and I realised what I did.

"I am sorry" I whispered before getting up but her chain got stuck in my shirt button and I fell upon her.