Chapter 18- Leaving it all.

They eventually fell asleep.

—-

In the morning, everyone went home, too tired and wanted to rest at their homes.

Dogday woke up, noticing everyone but Catnap was gone.

Catnap was holding onto Dogday as he slept.

Dogday just holds back tears, regretting what he did and feeling guilty.

Dogday decided to fall back asleep, waiting for Catnap to wake up.

—-

Catnap woke up and sat up.
Dogday woke up as well, shortly after, noticing Catnap wasn't holding him anymore.

"Goodmorning.." Dogday says.

Catnap looks over at Dogday.
"Goodmorning.."

They share a small moment of silence.

"Im really sorry..." Dogday sits up and huddles on Catnap.

Catnap doesn't say anything.

"This doesn't feel right. It ruin's everything just by being able to remember memories that aren't yours." Dogday says, he knows Catnap is hurt.

"But you didn't have to go and try to kill yourself over it.." Catnap whispers.

"It doesn't feel right to have memories. I just wanted to stay in the fake world we were built on. Not live by the truth. I dont wanna live if I know the truth. I just wish we stayed living off lies and not remembering anything.." Dogday tears up.

"But you don't have to get yourself killed." Catnap looks away, holding back any emotion he has building up.

"Thats the issue. I don't want to live anymore." Dogday looks down while still wrapped around Catnap.

"..." Catnap is at a loss for words.

"If I remember how Richie and Theo died and I remember the interview of where our existence is explained and I know all my memories as Dogday were fake and built up, I dont wanna live. If I never remembered any of that- if NO ONE remembered any of that- I would want to live. But theres no point in living if its off lies." Dogday sighs.

Catnap tears up.
"Then ill go with you." Catnap says.

"You cant... You don't understand the pain im in and how much I dont wanna exist." Dogday shakes a little.

"Well without you I would be in the worst pain and not wanna live. I can't live without you. I cant imagine this fake life without you. Seamlessly- as long as you are alive, by my side. Ill push all my problems away... more like you do. You make me happy, and I forget all the bad things." Catnap says, wiping away his tears.

"I guess thats fair... but I can't pretend to be happy- I mean everyone feels this way besides you because you have a source of happiness. You make me happy but I can't be happy anymore.." Dogday sighs.

"It's because you turned yourself in..."

"I turned myself in because I want to forget Richie and just all that crap! I want to live as long as I forget Richie and all that other stuff..." Dogday cries a little.

"I want to live as long as im by your side.." Catnap says.
"So let me go with you."

"..." Dogday can't say anything, he just sobs.

They share another moment.

"I just want whats best for you, you know that, right? I love you." Catnap says.

"I love you too..." Dogday says.
"But its too late now."

"For what?" Catnap says worryingly.

"I already turned myself in, I already have a motive." Dogday says.

"Motive?" Catnap tilts his head.

"This collar and weird thing on my wrist.. shocks me everytime I be myself.. so itll motivate me into wanting to... be demolished already." Dogday says.
"They already put them on me and know that ill be killed sooner or later.."

"Why can't you tell them you made it up...?" Catnap says.

"Why would I make something up if I never completely knew it.. its like making a math question you didn't even know the answer to." Dogday tries to set an example.

Catnap just sighs.

"Dogday, I don't want to lose you... can't you just back down out of this?..." Catnap sobs.

"I'm sorry..." Dogday holds onto Catnap.

Dogday smiles at Catnap, who looks back at him and softly smiles.

Dogday gets shocked. But he ignores it.
"Lets spend today together. Just me and you." Dogdays tail wags and he gets shocked again.

Catnap is worried.
"Okay..." Catnap is just happy he can be with Dogday.
"Can I do something first..?" Catnap says.

"Uhh... sure?" Dogday slightly tilts his head in confusion.

Catnap grabs Dogdays wrist, and slices the weird tracker on it with his nails. Being gentle.

He does the same thing for the collar and throws the two items across the room.

"Now you'll be able to express emotions.." Catnap smile.

Dogday smiles and his tail wags, he clings onto Catnap.
"Thank you.."

——

They go to Catnaps house.

They spend the entire day together.
Cooking, play fighting, games, movies and tv, pillow fights, forts, stories and books.

Its around 7 p.m.

They are on Catnaps couch, worn out from all the fun they had together.

Dogday gently holds Catnap and kisses him.
"I love you.." Dogday smiles.

Catnap blushes.
"I love you more."

Catnap sighs. Knowing he has to let Dogday go.

They share another kiss for a while.

"Ill be back, I promise... I know its scary for you.. but I promise.." Dogday weakly smiles at Catnap.

"I trust you.." Catnap smiles.

Dogday gets up, helping Catnap off the couch and walking to the door, paw in paw.

Dogday holds Catnap.
"I promise ill be back.." Dogday comforts Catnap.

Catnap is in tears.

"Ill find a way to get out of there, okay?" Dogday smiles.

Catnap lets go of Dogday, and smiles back.

They share another kiss.

"Know its for the better." Dogday says.

"I love you." Catnap smiles.

"I love you more." Dogday kisses Catnap again.

Dogday leaves Catnaps house.

Obviously going to the laboratory was a bad idea.

Catnap stands at the door, silent.
'All I wanted was you..' He thinks to himself as the cheerful bright dog who was just there is now gone.

Gone for good.