Chapter 2- Getting settled into a new home for worser things.

Everyone takes there seats as Mrs Delight smiles.

"As we all know. We have a new kid! I hope we all got to introduce ourselves and let him feel welcomed!" She smiles cheerfully.

Everyone nods.

"In todays lesson... We are gonna talk about something new... Accepting people!" She smiles.

"Many people are different." She goes on. "People are born in unique ways. Dress different ways. Look different ways. See different ways. And importantly think and view things differently."

She goes on.

"We are all our own person with our own perspectives and feelings and opinions. We see eachother differently."

"I say its important to accept people for who they are and what they wish... You will understand later in life why I must tell you that."
She smiles.

"We are all equal." She finishes off.

"Im gonna give everyone a piece of paper that talks about a lot of different things to understand. If you can't understand anything. Don't hesitate to ask at all!" Mrs Delight smiles as she has a stack of papers in her hand.

She began to pass out the pages to everyone.

Theodore is next to Richie.

"I can help you!" Richie implies, looking at his new friend.

"Sounds fun..." Theo trails off.

The two began going back and forth about the lesson.

A scientist walks into the classroom and pulls Mrs Delight to the side.

"In 2 days. We are going to take Richie in for a test." The scientist says, holding a clipboard.

"What kind of test?" She responds in a serious tone.

"Well with the rounds we receive. We want to experiment... He is outgoing like a leader. We wanna see if he can stay that way." The scientist says, flipping through some charts.

"Okay... Shouldnt you tell the nurse that does rounds this information and not me?..." The teacher looks confused.

"Well we wanted to take him during your class... so it wont cause so much chaos." The scientist stops flipping through charts.

"Right. Okay... thanks for letting me know..." She seems a little upset, but goes along with the plan.

"Thank you for your time." The scientist leaves.

Everyone else is unaware of what was going on between the teacher.

"You know theo. You got adjusted to this place quickly, im glad you're here. You actually just wanna stick with me... everyone has their own groups and people they like to be with and usually im running around trying to talk." Richie smiles brightly.

Theo kind of blushes. He still can't accept being important to someone. He gets all flustered even with the smallest amount of attention. Hes never felt more okay and welcomed with anyone.

"Its not like anyone else would hangout with me anyways." Theo brushes it off as a coincidence.

Richie just smiles.

Mrs Delight goes up to the front of the class.
"Students!" She says.
"Lunch is in 5 minutes! Lets go ahead and tidy up our spaces so you guys can go eat and play!" She smiles.
She tries to keep cool, shes bothered.. but the kids are too young to notice it.

All the kids start to pick up and organize everything that they've tampered with. They get all the papers they received together and put them in a bin.

Theo watches to get a better idea of what to do next time.