From across the table, I noticed Niall watching our interaction, a knowing smirk playing on his lips. But before he could comment, Melissa jumped in enthusiastically describing her art project due next week.

The dinner proceeded smoothly, though Harry found small excuses to initiate contact - reaching across me for a utensil, holding my chair as I stood up, guiding me with a hand on my waist. Each innocent touch left me thrumming with excitement.

﹌﹌

Melissa offered to help me tidy up the kitchen after finishing up fixing up the cushions in the living room.

"You know," she remarked casually as we washed dishes, "you and Harry would make an adorable couple."

I nearly dropped the plate I was drying. "Mel! Come on, we're just friends," I protested weakly.

She gave me a pointed look. "Oh please, I have eyes! I see the romantic little gestures, the heart eyes at dinner. You're clearly crazy about each other."

I worried my lower lip with my teeth, unsure how to respond. Were my feelings for Harry that obvious?

Melissa's expression softened. "It's okay to want something real with him, Ev. I haven't seen you this happy in so long. Don't let fear hold you back from something amazing." Her words resonated deep within me.

That night as I lay in bed, my mind spun with thoughts of Harry and what the future could hold. I realized Melissa was right - my feelings for him had grown into something meaningful. It was both thrilling and terrifying. But hiding from it wouldn't make it disappear.

The next day Harry invited me over for homemade tacos and a movie at his place. I agonized over my outfit, wanting to look nice but casual. My heart raced as I made my way to his door.

Harry welcomed me with a dimpled grin that made my knees weak. The mouthwatering aroma of sizzling meat wafted from the kitchen.

We chatted over dinner and Harry insisted I try the guacamole he made from scratch. I moaned appreciatively at the burst of flavors, making him chuckle. "Better than any restaurant," I declared sincerely.

Harry's eyes crinkled with pride. "My compliments to the chef?" he prompted playfully.

"Absolutely. 10 out of 10 tacos," I praised, and he grinned, satisfied. This domesticity between us felt so natural, like we'd done it countless times before.

Later that night, Harry found me on the balcony staring contemplatively at the night sky. He came up beside me, our arms barely brushing against each other.

"Penny for your thoughts?" he asked after a few moments of silence. His tone was gentle, letting me know it was okay to open up.

I glanced over at Harry, his gaze fixed on me intently. The cool night air ruffled his curls as he waited patiently for my response. My heart fluttered nervously in my chest.

"I was just thinking about how much things have changed between us," I began, measuring my words carefully. "When we first met, I could never have imagined we'd become so...close."

Harry nodded, a half-smile playing on his lips. "That's an understatement of the century. We absolutely despised each other at first."

I chuckled softly at the memory of our constant bickering and barbed comments. "I know. I think we set a new record for how fast two people could get under each other's skin." A comfortable silence fell between us as we reflected on the evolution of our relationship.

"So what changed?" Harry asked after a moment, his tone laced with genuine curiosity.

I considered the question, memories of the past few months flashing through my mind. Our animosity dissolving into playful banter. The late night conversations where walls slowly came down. His unexpected thoughtfulness when I was overwhelmed.