Chapter 8

・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・

The sun was setting and the sky had turned a deep shade of pink, contrasting beautifully with the neon lights of the bowling alley. The loud atmosphere could already be heard as I approached the building, feet throbbing from the long walk and hectic day at work. The smell of greasy food wafts towards me as I pushed open the door, making my stomach growl in response. The sound of pins being knocked down and the occasional cheer rang through my ears. The blast of cold air immediately hit my skin, cooling me off.

I made my way to the front desk and checked in to retrieve my bowling shoes. Melissa already informed me that she and Niall were there when I was clocking out of work, so I scanned the lanes for signs of any of them. My heart sank a little as I saw Harry, and Harry only, sitting on his phone, seemingly waiting for the others to arrive. Debating if I should just hang back until I see Melissa or Niall, but ultimately decided to just get over myself and approach him.

Hesitantly, I spoke up to gain his attention, "Hey," trying to sound casual.

"Hey," he replied, not looking up from his phone.

I nodded and sat down on the bench next to him. We both sat in silence for a few seconds, "Where's Niall?" I voiced, assuming he might have tabs on his friend, since Melissa hadn't responded to my text, questioning her whereabouts since she clearly was not here.

"He texted me that he was in the bathroom. Told me to get the lane and would be out in a minute." He paused for a moment, "he texted me that like ten minutes ago." Eyebrows scrunched, still scrolling on his phone.

"Oh. Melissa said she was already here with Niall," I scanned the floor once again, "but I don't see her anywhere."

"Wait" Harry exclaimed, voice higher now. He turned to me, for the first time since I arrived, eyes wide and eyebrows raised as if something just dawned upon him. "Dirty motherfuckers," He groaned.

Confused, I waited for him to explain what sudden realization he had. As if it is now so obvious, he stated, "they are probably fucking in some corner."

Matching his previous facial expression, "Oh shit. Yeah they probably are, '' I stuffed my face in my hands, trying to rid the image my brain was visualizing. Both of us burst out laughing at the thought, I slightly shoved Harry, playfully, "Gross now that's all I'm picturing" I informed.

With his head thrown back, hands clutching his chest, "God me too." He wheezed out, trying to catch his breath. Speaking of, in the corner of my eye, I spotted the two walking towards us, nonchalantly. I continuously smacked Harry's shoulder to get his attention and redirect it to notice them also.

Finally, they made their way to us. Melissa readjusted her dress, smoothing it out, while Niall runs his fingers through his hair. Both with flushed cheeks. Harry turned back to me with a smirk and a "told you so" look on his face. Both of us were chuckling again, but this time under our breaths.

Niall's booming voice interrupted my thoughts, "Hey, Ev! Harry!" his eyes lighting up. "Are you ready to bowl?"

Melissa followed closely behind him, her arm linked through his. "Yeah, let's get started!" she said, her smile infectious.

Niall looked around the room, his eyes taking in the neon lights and the sound of the bowling balls hitting the pins. "This place is awesome!" he said, his voice filled with excitement. "Sooo tiny change of plans,'' Niall's eyes darted between Harry and I, "for some crazyyy reason, they put it as team versus team instead of individual players."