Chapter 23 - Resignation

Luo Junyu proved himself to be an expert at trying out new foods. On his two days off, he brought Xu Bai Chuan to eat all the famous snacks nearby. At first, they were still able to do live broadcasts. However, due to a user starting to curse others out which led to fights on the public chat, an administrator was called to seal one account after another. Yet the other party seemed prepared; when one account toppled, thousands would stand up.

The administrator only had two fists and it was difficult to be a match against four hands. Facing a huge force of users, the administrator could only back down in defeat. Luo Junyu was nevertheless a streamer who garners a lot of traffic in the anchor world and has witnessed all sorts of internet battles. Adopting the saying what the eye doesn’t see, the heart doesn’t grieve over, he simply shut off the live broadcast and devotedly brought Shasha and Xu Bai Chuan to explore H city.

Xu Bai Chuan asked him, “Is there any point to not streaming?”

Luo Junyu said, “Yes, they’ll move on and bother others during this period.”

Xu Bai Chuan questioned him again, “Are they your anti-fans?”

Luo Junyu stuck out a finger and shook it: “Tsk tsk tsk tsk”. Using the tone of an experienced person he said, “They are anti-fans of a person who is living life very well.”

Xu Bai Chuan momentarily felt unsure, he just heard this adventurous, egoistic, crude, unhinged, straight guy actually say reasonable words. Yet Luo Junyu shattered his illusion the next instant by saying, “I don’t need to care about my image anymore now that I’m not streaming!” Afterward, he fished out a hair-tie, grabbed his bangs, tied it into an apple hairstyle, then scooped out a plate of meat from the hotpot.

Luo Junyu’s taste in food was similar to Xu Bai Chuan as the hotpot shared between them was crimson red, but his tolerance for spice could still be improved. Xu Bai Chuan came out unscathed, and yet Luo Junyu was already hissing as he went to search for water.

The food couldn’t barricade his mouth for long since he soon started talking about his tragic past.

“I may seem like a handsome—”

Xu Bai Chuan: “Is that something you should say about yourself?”

Luo Junyu waved his hand. “That is unimportant. I may seem like a handsome guy now, but I used to be an unemployed young man.”

“I liked to game since I was young and wasn’t good at studying. My parents didn’t let me play on the computer because of this. Wasn’t modems still in use back then? My mom hid the modem before she went to work every day. Since she had a bad memory, she forgot where she hid it one time.”

“I could no longer game at home, so I went to an internet cafe. There was a time when my mom saw my bicycle outside there. She entered the cafe to find me, then I ran out of the back door. That was a thrill!”

“As a person, I am more self-aware than others—”

Xu Bai Chuan questioned that statement. “En?”

Acting as if he didn’t hear that, Luo Junyu took a gulp of beer and continued. “I felt that I really cooled down after the college entrance exam. Live broadcasting just so happened to see a rise in interest at the time. Embracing an open-minded attitude, I made an account. That’s how I became this popular!”

Gripping a piece of meat between his chopsticks, Xu Bai Chuan thought that were he not to enter Tang Jin’s company right after graduating, perhaps he would have walked the same fumbled path as Luo Junyu. Although this foolish child seemed simple-minded at first glance, he had actually gone through a panic-stricken time which others won’t understand.