38. Not winning 💥

Start from the beginning

"It makes sense...but you are just trying to sacrifice yourself for someone younger than you...I never had been great with sacrifices...It's true..I never had been great...with this...but you asked for it...Porsche...you just asked for it...I am not to blame, not at all..." Arthee said, raising his gun. He had no plan in where to shoot, he had never really touched this before, he was in the illegality, but the safe one, the one where you can only be a victim of money, arrested by authorities, or killed, your destiny wouldn't really be yours in the end. But here, he needed to think and to push everything his way, he needed to do this but he wasn't sure that he would be able to shoot Porsche.

His hand was shaking a small amount, he was not this confident anymore, he had seen him grow up, he was still here even if he wasn't great with them. He was still a figure for them. Porsche closed his eyes, he didn't know where it would hurt, where the wound would torn his skin. He was most of all terrified that his uncle would be too bad and might touch an artery, might put the bullets where he didn't even know that he was going to pull it, and put his life on the edge. He couldn't stop gulping down, even more when he witnessed that his hand was shaking, with the gun in it, his hand was shaking and Porsche's heart was too.

"I just need...to scratch you...I just need...." Arthee nodded, apparently more ready for his task now. His hand was steadier, he breathed out loud. "I can't shit!" He screamed out of frustration. "Why can't I?" He added, looking frustrated. It could have been either good or a catastrophe if he had to lose his confidence in what he was trying to do.

They all stopped breathing.

The door was kicked open, pushing Arthee immediately on the ground.

"This is your "we will convince him" idea?" Vegas asked, walking behind him. He felt proud, so proud that Macau found the way to whisper to Arm their position while Porsche was keeping him occupied. He was relieved, and so damn proud of his brother.

"Shut up ! And help me?" Kinn screamed, struggling with Arthee.

Vegas rolled his eyes but still went to help him, he wasn't against the violent way he just did those things and he wasn't against tying up this man's hands to the point where it would hurt. He would have hoped that he could just have shot him without any restraint but Kinn was in charge, he liked to let the struggle all on him. Only this time, just this time. He didn't know how it would go after.

"Fuck!" Kinn said, after pushing Arthee in a corner. He ran to Porsche, he caressed his cheek, he checked on him and his eyebrows furrowed when he witnessed that his wound seemed to not have appreciated his every move. "You couldn't stay still right?" He laughed lightly, looking tenderly at him.

"You know I will never be able to just watch. I am a man of action." He smiled, feeling all of the pressure falling down, he let his head rest against Kinn's chest, only some seconds, only some, Kinn caressing his hair and keeping him close. "Chay?" He murmured. "How is Chay?" He suddenly raised his head. Panic raised too. Everything raised up, everything bad, every worries, and Kinn saw it, he saw those eyes shaking and the roundness of his gaze becoming sharper.

"Arm?" Kinn asked in the device. "Arm? What can you say about Kim's situation?"

-

Vegas just sat down next to his brother, he put his hand on his brother's leg and smiled. "You did so great, I wonder from whom you got those great examples?" He played it off.

"Stop acting as if you didn't care that much." Macau just answered, having a judgmental smile, he couldn't stand how his brother was never sincere, nor honest, even with him. It shouldn't be happening, they were the only one they could count on, they were the only one for each other. He just wanted him to stop. Vegas' proud face fell down and he just stopped talking, what to say now was something he had no idea about. "You didn't get any more scars or wounds?"

"No...I didn't really have to fight much...don't worry." He answered and it seemed to look as if it wasn't another lie.

Macau breathed loudly, letting his head fall on his brother's shoulder. "How could you just work with Phi Kinn though?"

"That's something...I didn't even expect either...I am not sure that it will continue...though..." He played with a grin.

"You're...really impossible..." Macau sighed. "And...about dad? Did something happen? Why did the minor family attack? How?"

"I-...I guess that they wanted to try to get the crown, I guess that they wanted to just try to take them as Kim was wounded, it kinda looked like the perfect moment don't you think?"

"Yes...yes...though...you didn't try to just win with them?" Macau seriously asked, not understanding why his brother just didn't try to get what he always had wanted to reach. He could have tried to get to Kinn, to get to everyone, to fight for his own crown in the middle of the war but he didn't.

"I...you were in the middle of the house, in the middle of everything, I... wanted you to be safe first."

"You cutie." Macau laughed out before smiling sadly. "And, dad? You didn't talk about it...it's bad isn't it?"

Vegas' throat began to hurt. He should say it now. He should.

"We are...fatherless." And he didn't get why it happened, and he couldn't get why it hurt so much suddenly. He didn't have his father on his back anymore, the freedom tasted so good, and yet he also lost his dad. His dad, he was trying his best to make him proud, his dad he always had tried to satisfy, to even, even for one second, be able to get a smile, or a sweet word. His dad who played with him as a child, who was so proud of him when he was beating Kinn at school, and then he grew up. The childish win wasn't something he was satisfied with anymore, he wanted more, he needed more he was literally in need of this power he couldn't get, he couldn't stand to just be the second. Vegas needed to do it for him, to give it to him.

He hated this. He hated this so much. But he was still his father, he was just simply his father and despite the worst ever happening because of him, despite the violence he was victim of, he was still his father.

Father.

Macau felt bad. Really bad. He knew about the way Vegas was treated but he didn't feel it, he didn't live it the same way. He also discovered pretty late what was happening around him, he had been so innocent for so many years. He was feeling the sorrow, his tears were appearing but he was also feeling bad for crying. Vegas had suffered so much, he definitely felt that he shouldn't be crying.

And yet he looked aside, he stared at his brother and he saw his tears, he saw his shy but real tears. Despite the horror that his father made them live, they deserved to still express what they felt, because what they had inside would definitely only belong to them. It was all that was staying from what their father shared with them, either good or bad. For now, the good was winning.

Kinn's heart stopped when he heard Arm's next word. He tightened his hug around Porsche who also felt the tension in his body.

"Khun Kinn, all I know for now is that...they got inside, the enemies. They went inside."