03

"Aunt Pol?" Amelia asked, looking for her aunt around the house only to find her in the living room. "I need you to brush my hair. Please?" Polly sighed, leaving the living room and returning a little later with a brush in her hands.

"When're you going to learn to do it on your own, Lia? You're fifteen." Polly spoke as she ran the brush delicately through the youngest's curly hair.

"I know how to do it, I'm just lazy." Her comment made Polly hit the top of her head with the brush. The youngest hissed, glaring at her aunt. "The fuck was that for?" She hit her again. "Pol!"

"The first one was for being so cocky. The other one was for swearing." Polly tried not to smile, but the hint of a smirk appeared on her lips.

Amelia sighed at the sight of her hair in a braid, rolling her eyes. She started to leave the room, but Polly stopped her.

"What?" She asked, glancing at her aunt with a frown.

"Thanks, Aunt Pol. You're welcome, niece." Polly mocked, rolling her eyes.

"Aye, whatever." Amelia stuck out her tongue at Polly before leaving the room, putting on her coat and walking out of the house. As she walked down the street she met up with Cassandra, who smiled at her and linked her arm with Amelia's.

"Theo's at the Garrison. Fancy going?" The redhead asked and Amelia nodded with a smirk. They headed to the pub together, seeing Theodore there when they entered.

"Ted!" Amelia smiled, sitting beside him and hugging her friend.

"Hi, girls." Theodore was smiling, kissing Amelia's temple. "I like your new hairdo." He said to Amelia who just snorted.

"Have you ordered anything to drink? I fancy a glass of gin." She asked looking at the bar where Grace was, cleaning it.

"I haven't ordered anything yet. I was waiting for ya." Theodore answered. Amelia stood up with a nod and walked to the bar, sitting down on a stool.

"Hello, Grace. Serve me..." She looked at her friends before speaking again. "Two gins and a glass of whiskey, please." Grace laughed, setting the cloth aside.

"Your brothers won't let me serve you, Amelia. I'm sorry." She said shaking her head.

"But they aren't here, are they?" Amelia raised her eyebrows at her making the woman sigh. Grace started to prepare her order, leaving three glasses in front of the youngest. "Thanks, Grace. I'm beginning to like you." Amelia smiled. She placed the glasses on a tray and grabbed it, heading to her table where her friends were waiting.

"You made it." Theodoroe said with a grin. Amelia nodded, sitting down next to him and taking a sip from her glass of gin.

Her face paled when she saw Arthur walk in next to Tommy and she moved her glass to the table next to her, clearing her throat. She walked towards them with an innocent smile.

"What ya doing in 'ere?" Arthur asked and Amelia shrugged, clasping her hands behind her back.

"Came to greet Harry and Grace. What're ya doing here?" She asked back.

"Tommy's got a surprise for me." Arthur answered with a grin. Amelia looked at Thomas who was smiling as well.

"Enjoy it, then." Amelia smiled again, looking at her friends with wide eyes and indicating the exit of the pub. The three of them went out, Theodore complaining because he couldn't finish his whiskey and the two girls laughing at him.

___________________________________

It was dark outside. Amelia and Finn were lying in the sofa as they rested their heads on their aunt Polly's lap. They looked comfortably relaxed, their minds clearly settled on something else as they stared into empty space. Polly gently ran her fingers through their hair, providing an extra touch of comfort for them during the quiet moment.