24 - Collide [M]

•JC Mansion•

"Please come in." Jeonghan walked into the hall followed by two men dressed in black suits who were supposed to meet Seungcheol, "Have a seat, how may I help you?"

"Hello Mr. Yoon, I'm Kang Taehyun, I'm in charge of Mr. Choi's legal matters." Taehyun bowed along with the other male, "And he's Choi Beomgyu, a renowned divorce lawyer."

"Divorce lawyer?" Jeonghan's smile dropped as his heartbeat began to race, "Uh may I ask what's the matter?"

"I think Mr. Choi didn't inform you beforehand, we're here to inform you that you're now eligible to file for a divorce." Beomgyu explained, "Since you both are prepared, we can proceed with the formalities although it will take some time to finalize the divorce."

"Mr. Choi had asked me to introduce him to one of the best divorce lawyers who can get everything done without shading either of your reputations, so here am I." Taehyun explained.

Jeonghan froze in his place. He felt betrayed, extremely betrayed. On one hand, Seungcheol had asked some time from him to consolidate his feelings and had promised to make it right. Just yesterday, he was preaching about being his support. And now, on the other hand, he was preparing for a divorce?

Before he could speak, Seungcheol walked in, "Mr. Kang? Hello."

"Oh hello, Mr. Choi." Taehyun stood up to greet Seungcheol, "I've done my task as per your demand."

"Task?" Seungcheol scrunched his brows.

"Meet him, Mr. Choi Beomgyu." Taehyun introduced, "He's the divorce lawyer you've been searching for. He's my good friend so you can trust him blindly."

"Hello, Mr. Choi." Beomgyu greeted.

"H-hello." Seungcheol bowed in return, "But-" He looked at Jeonghan who avoided eye contact.

"It's great that Mr. Yoon is here too, we can talk together." Beomgyu stated, "So Mr. Yoon, may I ask you-"

"I'm sorry." Jeonghan stood up, "You can talk to Seungcheol only because I don't think my opinion matters anyways. I'll do whatever you'll decide and sign the papers, thank you." He bowed and walked out of the hall.

He ascended the stairs and soon enough the loud sound of him closing his room's door shut, echoed.

"What's wrong Mr. Choi?" Taehyun asked.

Seungcheol scratched his forehead, "Who told you that I want a divorce?"

"You did." Taehyun stated, "Don't you remember? After a week of your marriage, you asked me to get a good divorce lawyer and inform you whenever you'll be eligible to apply for it."

"Fuck." Seungcheol cursed beneath his breath, "I don't think I'm ready to talk over this matter yet."

"You should have told me earlier." Taehyun pointed out.

"So our visit messed it up for you, didn't it?" Beomgyu raised a brow.

"It did. Informing you about the current situation, just slipped off my mind." Seungcheol scoffed, "I'm sorry but we'll talk about this later. Thank you for spending your time on my case and I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

"It's alright Mr. Choi, I'm happy that you are considering to change your mind." Taehyun chuckled, "All the best."

The lawyers left after bidding their goodbyes to Seungcheol.

"How am I going to explain him?" Seungcheol got worried, "He'll think I'm making excuses."

He accepted his fate as he reached Jeonghan's room. He carefully knocked the door but there was no response.