Y/n: Yeah, but this time the end is meant to be.

Jordan: Not other choice?

Y/n: Not this time...

Jordan: Is Leah aware of it?

Y/n: No...

Jordan: Everything will be okay, Y/n...

Y/n: I hope you're right Jordan... Thank you...

Jordan: Anytime...

You leave the room and before leaving the building, you slip a note under Leah's room door. While you're heading out of the building, you pass next to Sarina's room and hear something...

Sarina: It's a shame. She has incredible potential but gets fooled by trivial things. I really hope it's just a matter of time before she realizes the value she can have on the game and the power she can inflict on football. Y/n is going to be a big loss against Spain but she needs this to keep growing and learning.

You can't even smile to those comments. You sigh and leave the building. You get in a car and leave St Georges' Park. The next morning, the England Women's team wakes up at the camp base of the Lionnesses. Leah wakes up and head to breakfast, still had asleep, she doesn't notice the note on the floor. In the common room, Leah is looking for you but can't find you anywhere.

Leah: Did you see Y/n?

Hannah: Haven't seen her.

Chloe: Haven't seen her either.

Keira: Don't worry, she'll be at the meeting... We're already late by the way.

Leah: Let's go.

All the girls head to the meeting room and take a seat there. At her turn, Leah steps in the room and go sit next to Keira, but she's pretty intrigued and confused when she sees your number 9 England kit on a table on the side. Georgia rushes towards Leah...

Georgia: Leah, I need to talk to you...

Leah: Did you see Y/n?

Georgia: No, but...

From there, she tries to look for you in the room but can't find you anywhere. Once everyone is there, Sarina steps in the room.

Sarina: Thank you, girls for being there on time. I have a few information for you... One more match to go, against a tough opponent... Spain... But 90 minutes is the only thing that will holding you back from another achievement... I really hope you'll make this one count... Then, something else to announce you... From a common agreement, we have decided to shorten Y/n's time here for this camp. She probably already left by now.

Georgia: That's what I wanted to tell you, Leah... She left a note for you, I found it this morning.

Georgia hands the note to Leah. She waits for the meeting to end and immediately rush upstairs. She gets to her room and try to call you on the phone, but straight away she lands on the voice mail. Leah tries again, same it lands on the voice mail. She sat on her bed, facing the window, breathe deeply and open the note you wrote for her.

Y/n: Hey love,

I know you probably hate me right now for multiple reasons, but don't be mad at me for leaving camp without telling you. Sarina had warned me, I didn't listen and let my thoughts fooled me, instead of enjoying my journey under the England shirt. I had to leave. I had no choice.

About what happened with Jess and Charlie Grant, I'm sorry, it's a long story that I'll be telling you about when you'll be back home. I don't know what's wrong with me for always being chased by my past. How can you win when you're constantly losing everything... But anybody who can clearly see knows that I love you and that nothing will ever change that.

Arsenal is waiting for me to come back, now, and I think I'll go to have some time with my family for the next few days. I'll see you soon.

I love you, Leah...

Your wife

Leah doesn't understand everything, but she absorbs every words of your note. Feeling a bit dumb for not seeing what was going on for you. She's feeling guilty of your departure, forgetting every little spark of jealousy she was filled with a few minutes ago.

Georgia: Are you okay?

Leah: Yeah... I'll be okay.

Georgia: Is she okay?

Leah: I'm not really sure... My wife was going through a hard time and all I did was to blame her because of my jealousy. What kind of wife I am to act like that?

Georgia: A human one, that's it... Y/n will be fine, Leah.

Leah: Yeah, I hope so...

Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. Georgia goes to open it, letting appear some of the girls' faces.

Leah: What are you doing here?

Ella: Y/n left, so we're taking care of our captain.

Millie: Yeah, you didn't think we were gonna give up on you, did you?

Leah: Of course not...

Keira: We don't have all the information of why Y/n has been kicked out of the team, but we'll have to do with it.

Rachel: Come on, captain...

Leah: Thank you, girls, but... Y/n is my strength, I can't do it without her...

Mary: That's a lie...

Alessia: Such a lie...

Lucy: Then, let us be your strength, Leah.

Ella: We need our captain, Leah.

Georgia: We need you, Le.

Rachel: Do it for her...

Beth: Do it for your wife, Y/n.

Ella: Will you do it, captain?

Leah hesitates for a second and look at your note. She wants to do it for you. She wants to bring you the medal you should have won with her.

Leah: I'll do it. Let's win this, England.

Rachel: That's the captain we love.

On your side, you're in a cab, driving around London in the middle of the night. You look at your phone and see about ten messages unread from Leah, and more from the girls. But you don't feel like responding to them. You're looking at the star. After a little while, the cab stops in front of a house. You take your stuff and walk to the front door. You knock and after a few second, the front door opens.

Y/n: Hello dad...

David: Hi, sweetheart...