Part 79

A few minutes later, the bus arrives at the Ashton Gate Stadium. You get out of the bus with Jess. You're laughing with her. Leah is walking behind you with the rest of the girls. You get into the building, drop your stuff in the changing room and head outside on the pitch.

Sam: The English girls...

Steph: Hey girls...

Beth: My Stephy and CB...

You get closer to them and give them a big hug. Steph still holds you in her arms, when suddenly, someone put a hand on your shoulder.

Mackenzie: Hey you...

Y/n: Macca?

You rush in her arms, she's holding you tightly. Leah gets closer with Alessia and Lotte.

Mackenzie: It's been a while...

Y/n: Almost two years we didn't see each other...

Mackenzie: Yeah, the last time we saw each other was at your engagement party...

Caitlin: I remember that night...

Leah: We all do....

A second of silence settles in, knowing what happened during that engagement party. You look at Leah and smile to her, she gives you back a tiny smile. Caitlin comes to you and whispers something in your ears...

Caitlin: Charlie is here...

You turn around and see Charlotte Grant, a defender for Australia but also your ex-girlfriend. You haven't seen her for years, you've dated her during a loan at FC Rosengard. You were madly in love with her but you were toxic for each other. You stare at her for a minute.

Caitlin: Is everything okay?

Y/n: Yeah, I--- I haven't seen her for years...

Caitlin: I'm not supposed to tell you, but she asked about you. She often asks about you.

Y/n: She does?

Caitlin: Yes, she does.

Y/n: That doesn't erase anything that she did or that happened.

Caitlin: I don't know your story with her, but...

Y/n: Cait, please...

Caitlin: Don't tell her I told you that...

Y/n: I won't talk to her, anyway...

Leah: Is everything okay here?

Caitlin: Just... old stories about old friends...

Y/n: Don't worry, it's all fine.

Leah: You sure?

Leah knows you're hiding something from her. She knows you by heart. Leah is confused about your behaviour. You're close to Jess who has a big crush on you and then a secret that you're sharing with Caitlin. You can see through Leah's eyes that she's confused.

Y/n: Caitlin, can you leave us alone for a second?

Caitlin: Sure...

Y/n: Can you tell me what's wrong?

Leah: I won't talk before the match...

Y/n: You'll have to... Leah, you're acting weird.

Leah: I'm acting weird? You're acting weird... Why did you sit next to Jess on the bus?

Y/n: You're seriously mad at me because I sat next to Jess and not next to you?

Leah: I'm not mad at that, but about the fact that she has a huge crush on you and you didn't tell me.