21 | Epilogue

15 Years Later

A sharp knock sounded on the wooden door, footsteps coming down the hallway to answer it's call.

Mr. Giles opened the door to reveal four very different looking people, though familiar nonetheless.

He drew in a shocked breath, rearranging his glasses as if unable to believe his eyes.

"Hi," Jim spoke.

A smile broke across Mr. Giles' face.

"Who is it?" a female voice called from inside and Mr. Giles glanced between the four who stood outside and the inside of the house.

"I...this is unbelievable! Whatever are you doing here? Come in, come in!" he spoke, ushering them inside.

Inside of the small apartment stood five others; four girls and one guy, who looked about ten years younger than the three younger adults who had just entered.

Jim, Casey and Ellie.

Of course Charles was there as well, though he was much older now, about the same age as Mr. Giles.

"Who are you?" the curly haired woman asked sharply and Casey gave her a quick one over.

"I'm Casey. Who are you?"

"Anya," she replied.

"Your name's onion?" Casey asked, incredulous. (A/N: See why its funny now? loll)

The others in the room stifled laughter while Anya stared back at her, apparently not amused.

"Anya. Well, Anyanka really, but I thought Anya would be simpler considering I'm no longer a demon," she said, eyes narrowed.

"You were a demon?" Casey cried.

"Perhaps we should discuss this later. Uh, this is Casey, Ellie, Jim and Charles. They were friends of the last Slayer," Mr. Giles explained.

The blonde girl jerked her head up in surprise.

"Last Slayer? Like the one before me?" she asked and Mr. Giles nodded.

"God, I'm so sorry," the girl muttered to the newcomers, sadness in her expression.

"Thank you," Charles and Jim murmured, bowing their heads briefly.

"I...I'm Buffy. Buffy Summers. The new Slayer. Well, kind of new anyway," she spoke and Jim smiled weakly at her.

"Jim Locklear. It's nice to meet you,"

"Nice to meet you too," Buffy replied, shaking his hand.

"I'm Willow," the red haired girl spoke up from where she stood in the corner and Ellie and Jim exchanged a look.

She was the girl from the playground, all those years ago.

"Are you a witch?" Ellie asked and Willow nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah! Wait, how did you know? Are you a mind reader?" she cried, beginning to panic.

Ellie laughed softly.

"No. Um...I'm a witch too. Jim and I, we sensed your power a long time ago," she explained.

"You can do that?" Willow asked and Ellie nodded.

"How come you never told me you can do that?" Willow asked, turning to face the girl beside her.

"It's complicated magic," she spoke, voice barely above a whisper as she cast nervous smiles to the newcomers.

Willow pouted.

"Still coulda told me,"

"I-I'm Tara. Tara Maclay. Willow's...friend. I'm a w-witch too," the other girl spoke, introducing herself.