11 | Far Too Put Together For The Mouth Of Hell

"No. It's too late right now; we can do the spell tomorrow. Probably even later than tomorrow," Jim spoke, ignoring Charles' protests.

"Jim has a point. Do we know when the Master is going to attempt to rise?" I asked and the Watchers shared a look.

"Uh...no. Not precisely," Mr. Giles said.

"We should find out right? So that we know when to do the spell?" Casey questioned and I nodded.

"Right. But not tonight. Charles, we're still in Sunnydale for the next six days. We have time,"

Charles sighed.

"Well not if the Master is able to rise tonight!" he retorted and I rolled my eyes.

"Its past midnight. If he wanted to rise, I think he would've done it by now,"

"Fine," Charles agreed, if not somewhat reluctant. "But we're back in here first thing tomorrow morning. We have to know everything we can if we want to stop this,"

I nodded.

"Yeah. Of course,"

"But...what are we gonna do about all the materials? We cant exactly leave it here- isn't there a janitor?" Ellie asked concerned.

Mr. Giles sighed.

"Ah...yes. That's an excellent point. You all go, I'll tidy it up," he said kindly but I frowned in response.

"I'll help- its fine,"

"Oh! Uh...well that would be very kind of you. Thank you,"

I shrugged.

"No problem. I don't exactly have anywhere else I need to be,"

Mr. Giles smiled and I waved a brief goodbye to the others who were all more than gladly leaving.

But when I turned around and saw the library in full view, I was suddenly wishing I hadn't agreed to help.

There were books everywhere; covering almost every inch of the library's broad expanse as well as papers and materials for the spell strewn all over the large table.

It was a mess.

"Wow..." I said after a moment and Mr. Giles nodded.

"Yes. Wow is...an accurate term for this situation, I agree,"

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose in a half hearted attempt to rid myself of the headache that was swarming my brain.

"Want some coffee?" I asked.

"Uh...no. Thank you though," he replied and I grinned weakly.

"You're like Charles; only drinking tea. Well, I'm gonna go grab some but I'll be right back okay?"

Mr. Giles nodded.

"Oh and don't start without me," I told him dryly before turning to leave.

The Sunnydale coffee shop wasn't far from the library and I made the trip there and back in a fairly short amount of time.

Although when I entered the library, it looked as if Mr. Giles really had waited for me to come back before beginning.

"Hi...?" I called out and he appeared a moment later holding a stack of books that were virtually in contact with the ceiling.

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed, placing my coffee down to take some off of the pile.

"Oh, Summer. Thank you it was uh, very heavy," he spoke awkwardly, placing the other books down onto the still disastrous-looking table.