C46: Independence.

*3 Days Later*

ISABELLE

"Good job today guys! Tomorrow's opening should go very smoothly. There's supposed to be a large turn out and I know you guys can handle the pressure. I'm very excited to have you all apart of this team." I tell to my now trained employees.

"Ms. Sanders, when is Chris gonna be around?
Will he be here for the opening?" Someone asks

"I'm not sure guys. I'm sorry he's cancelled on you. He was supposed to be here training you guys with me. I'm sure he'll be at the opening tomorrow and I'll make sure you all get a chance to speak with him." I reply

They all nod and talk amongst themselves.

"Alright guys, I'm gonna lock up and see you tomorrow. Go ahead and enjoy the rest of the day."

Ever since the outing everyone's been acting funny. I haven't seen Chris, Trey, or OB in 3 days. I've talked to OB for a short minute, but he's been busy too. I don't think I'm being clingy but to know they're okay would be nice.

I get a headache just thinking about it. Like come on guys COMMUNICATION. But I'm not gonna be annoying.

The only good thing is I feel like I did almost a year ago. When I worked and went home and relaxed. My life wasn't as extravagant as it is now but it was simple and less stressful. It's about time for the Black Pyramids yearly convention to come around which means Chris and Trey are gonna be having more of their illegal auctions. Hopefully nobody goes to the basement, next thing they know they could be bought for $20 million dollars.

I sit in my office and just look around at where I'm at now. What happened was probably a great blessing in disguise, cause I do love where I'm at now. I love my job. I know what I'm capable of. I'm stronger now.

My phone buzzes and it's my Dad.

"Hello?" I answer

"Isabelle." He says with a cough

"Hi Dad, how's everything? How are you?" I ask, he sounds kind of sick.

"Ah everything's-," he coughs a couple more times "sorry not feeling well, but it's good. I'm about to come back to Los Angeles."

"Really? When? You'll be just in time for the opening of the center, well we'll be open but it'll still be new." I tell him

"3 or 4 days." He answers

"I'm glad. I'm sorry I haven't been calling you as much, been getting more busy. Are you bringing your girlfriend home?" I ask him

"She's going to try and come. We'll see."

"Alright then, well get some rest dad. I'll see you soon." I say

"Okay, love you Isabelle."

"Love you too Dad."

I'm glad he's gonna be back here and home. I was thinking about staying at his house, but I can afford to fix my beach house and find a condo or something close to the boutique so I can give Trey his place back. I think that's fair.

I realize that without any of those guys I'm mad bored. It's weird to think about how much time I spend with them. This would be the perfect time to officially patch things up with Dreana. I'm hesitant, but she's been there for me through everything...up to the auction that is. That's pretty much where I checked out of the friendship.

I lock the door to the center and walk to the lobby to find Dreana, but bump into Will instead.

"Isabelle."