Eyeballs and the Courtroom of Doom

Start from the beginning

"She's my guest and a JLA representative," I say.

" Whom you neglected to mention yesterday," Frostbite counters.

" Yeah, that's on me," I say, scratching the back of my neck. " but I didn't think it wouldn't matter. We're on the same side, and I thought she and Pandora would benefit from meeting each other. Auntie Pan, you've been saying you've missed having sisters. I know you have Auntie Dora now, but I thought you'd like to meet another one, and Auntie Diana wanted to meet you, too, and Peepaw."

"Calm yourself, child," says Peepaw, reassuring, " you've done nothing wrong. Pandora's just concerned. Showing up with an unknown in a time like this is enough to make any spirit worry."

" You could have been coerced into bringing her," adds the purple horn ghost, Uncle Nocturne, " demigods are known to fight on the side of their parent decides most beneficial."

" And no one commands me to fight for or against a cause. The league and I want to help because it's the right thing to do," Aunt Diana interrupts. " I am only here to help," she side-eyes Pandora and Clockwork, " and maybe, if you have me, reconnect with family."

" A sentiment I agree with, daughter is Zeus, but one that must be acted upon another time," Peepaw says, heading towards their seat right as the doors open, " the others have arrived." Three eyeballs, Observants, flood into the room along with my uncle's Vortex, Undergrowth, with Fright Knight bringing up the rear. The ghosts scramble to their seats, ready for the meeting to begin.

An Eyeball, with purple irises, I'd nicknamed him Kevin, brings out folders and announces, " We have been called here today by councilman Frostbite, by order of his majesty, High Prince Phantom, to ascertain the threat the humans possess," the eye wanders to Diana, giving her a look of disdain, " before you share your findings, your highness, much explain why you brought a living with you today?"

" For those unaware, this is Princess Diana of Themyscira," I say, standing up, " she is here as a representative of the Justice League and here to help clarify anything we are unsure of. She's here as my guest and deserves your respect."

The other two eyeballs float up, slamming their hands on the table, " that is not for you to decide!"

" Then whom do you propose it is? I don't recall this counsel being enacted for yourself, or any of us for that matter," Aunt Pandora argues from her seat.

The eyeballs twitch, " well–"

" I think," I interrupt with the glare, " we should go on with the meeting. Diana is a trusted member of the Justice League , the same league we asked for help from. Anything we decide today will have to be retold to them later anyway."

" But what of our preparations?" asks Kevin, the eyeball.

"Preparations?" Diana echoes.

"For war," I say, sitting down, paying her no mind.

" But, I thought the whole purpose of these meetings was to negotiate for peace!" Aunt Diana exclaims.

"It is," I say, voice calm, " but you must understand our position. Peace may be the goal, but there's no guarantee we're going to get it. I will not have my people introduced to the world at large with no plans of defense in place. I won't have them unprotected."

Aunt Diana huffs, but the fight drains out of her, " understood. At any point in time you need me to leave the room, I will do so immediately."

" See to it that you do," says Uncle Vortex, " and you may stay. Otherwise..."

"I understand," Aunt Diana says, and all other objections drop. However, the eyeballs don't look too happy.

" Now, I take it, because of Dianas' presence, your meeting with the JLA went well?" Fright Knight remarks.

1(800) Adoption Papers NOT needed! Its a two for one special! ( 1POV Version )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara