✧ ˚ 𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐬

✧ ˚ 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒, 𝐀 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐃

˚ 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒, 𝐀 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐃. Whispers of truth echoed in all directions, slithering things that hissed and writhed in ancient tongues far removed from anything she may have heard in mortal life. Asteria allowed herself to drown in that nothingness for a long moment. She was tired. So, so tired.

A shadowed image of smoke appeared before her, flickering and wavering with no true form. The smoke twisted into a scene of loss, a vague reminiscence to...to what? Asteria couldn't remember how she got there.

A girl younger than herself kneeled before her, a strange, glowing blue liquid held to the chest of the scarred boy clutched tightly in her arms. Even with tears of desperation streaming down her cheeks, strands of dark hair that faded to white stuck to the salt on her skin, she looked so much older than Asteria knew she must be, hardened by life far sooner than should have ever been allowed. It instantly reminded her of Feyre.

There was something so unnaturally familiar about the girl. An incessant feeling gripped her heart like she was supposed to know her, but she had no memory of ever meeting her.

She looked up, and it was like Asteria could hear the words that didn't actually flow from her lips. "Please," the girl begged, "Tell me how to save him."

Heartbeat roaring in her ears, she reached out to touch the image. To assure herself it was real. As soon as her fingertips brushed against it, the image melted into ash, before drawn away with a spine-shuddering wind.

Alone once more, a horrible cold seeped into her veins. The whispers sank in again, louder than before, and Asteria stumbled backwards.

Then, she was falling.

Before she could hit whatever hard surface rested beneath her, something tugged at her soul. Drawn from the depths, she was lifted up, a whirlwind of colors all around her before it all simply... stopped.

A familiar, feminine voice breached her ears, ancient and brimming with unbridled power, echoing through her very being as though coming from herself. "I have been waiting for you a long time, star of mine."

The void surrounding her became a vast, never-ending sea of rippling stars. Countless balls of unbound energy, violet, and blue, and gold, and silverㅡall twinkling as though they were crying out in joy at her presence. From one edge of the universe, from the birth of the first star, to the death of the final one, Asteria saw everything. A sheer plane of mist swirled beneath her feet, glowing with the faintest of warmths and comforts.

A woman appeared in front of her, adorned in a black dress that glittered with stars, like they were alive. Her smile was one of pure starlight, burning away all fear and doubt from Asteria's mind. The brightest of blue lights sparkled in three points along the crown of her head, following the line of her silver hair into a peak just above it.