I know

Winn had a black eye.

Winn, your boyfriend, had a black eye.

Winn, the tech guy, had a black eye.

He said he got mugged but you knew that was a lie. You weren't an idiot. You worked in marketing at Cat co. You were pretty good with psychological tricks.

You stormed your way into James' office. It was weird now that it was no longer Cat's.

You told him, "James, we need to talk"

James said, not knowing that you were about to lay into him, "Yeah, okay. What about?"

"Winn has a black eye. Know anything about that?"

"I heard he got mugged"

"Well you and I both know that's bull shit. And if anything bad happens to him while you are off playing hero, I will give you much worse than black eye"

It would be easier to do that if your powers actually worked instead of disappearing but you would go toe to toe with James for your man.

James was getting worried, "I don't know what you are talking about"

You remarked, "Cut the crap. I know you're guardian. You've written quite a few articles about Guardian, I know Winn made your suit, and you're like his only male friend. He is one of the only things I care about on this earth and I don't know what I would do without him"

"On this earth?"

Sh*t. You had run so fast that you ended up on a different earth and drained your powers for a really long time. You had to be fast. You were trying not to be erased from time.

You backed down, "Well I have to get back to work. Nice chat"

You got out of his office as fast as you could and headed towards the elevator to return to your work. You were very relieved that James did not follow you.

However that conversation did not go without consequences which reared their ugly head after an amazing outing with Winn and you guys and just come back to his place. For well adult fun.

Winn put his keys up, "So uh James told me you guys had an interesting conversation today"

You groaned, "Should have known he would do that"

"Yeah um how exactly did you know I made the guardian suit?"

"Well you didn't exactly hide the suit while you were making it. Even if I didn't see it, only you could have made something like that with how smart you are and how good you are with your hands"

That last part made Winn smile and laugh. You weren't thinking of what it could mean when you said it.

You smirked, "Dirty minded, much?"

Winn told you, "You said it, not me"

You looked him dead in the eyes as you said, "Well it's true either way"

Winn smiled and you kissed him on the cheek. You knew where you wanted things to go and things went there. Let's just say Winn proved once more he was good with his hands.

You slept in Winn's shirt that you had thrown on the floor. It's not really the type of shirt you're supposed to sleep in but it smelled like him and looked good on you. It was a bit big on you but not by much. It barely covered your butt. Plus it reminded you of a scene from Gilmore Girls.

The next morning, you were the first to wake up. Neither of you had work. Thank goodness. You made coffee and breakfast aka pop-tarts. You had considered pancakes but that was too much work and you didn't feel like risking getting anything on Winn's work shirt you had on.