Game Night Match Up

You were best friends with none other than Alex Danvers. You both started working at the DEO at around the same time.

You were obviously friends with Kara as well. Winn too. You actually met him first at Thanksgiving and that is when your crush first started. By now, Winn had joined the DEO and you were seeing him every day.

Unfortunately for you, you were not good at hiding your crush.

Fortunately for you, Winn was as blind to your crush as Kara had been blind to his crush on her.

Alex and Kara had to do something about this. They knew the two of you would make a great couple and that neither of you had the guts to do anything about it.

You and Alex had stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things for game night and their plan was put into action.

As you were walking through the store, Alex decided to inform you, "You know you're totally Winn's type. You're kind, caring, smart, a total badass"

You remarked, "You know who else is all those things? Your sister"

"It's not my fault you and Kara share so many wonderful qualities"

You grabbed the soda off the shelf," Alex, I say this with love and respect but please stay the fuck out of my love life"

"Ha, no. Ask him out before another Siobhan comes along and that one doesn't turn out to be a super villain"

The mere mention of Siobhan made your blood start to boil. God you hated that b*tch.

You told her, "Just get the god damn chips, Alex. We're gonna be late for game night"

Winn was so far the only one to have arrived for game night so it was just him and Kara, giving her the perfect opportunity to intervene.

Kara sat down next to him on the couch, "You know you're Y/n's type, right? She loves adorkable but still good looking nerds. Her words not mine"

You had said those exact words while watching a stupid rom com during which the main girl picked the hot new guy instead of her nerdy best guy friend who was clearly the better option.

Winn's eyes widened, "I'm sorry, what?"

Kara told him, "Ask her out. We're all tired of the longing looks between the two of you"

"You really think I have a shot with her?"

"Trust me, she really likes you."

Pretty much everyone at the DEO knew it at this point. You told Alex like right away. J'onn was psychic. Monel wasn't not blind and neither was anyone else.

Winn asked, "Are you sure? Cause like she could do so much better than me"

Kara looked at him, "Winn, I'm not sure there is better than you and Y/n knows that"

James and Mon-El came before you and Alex were there. You usually teamed up with Mon-El ever since he came to earth. You two were terrible partners as he would stare longingly at Kara and you would stare  longingly at Winn. Way too times did you guys have to be reminded that it was your turn.

You and Alex knocked on the door, armed with soda and chips. Mon-El was glad to finally have his partner and so was Kara. Most of the game night games weren't even partner games so you weren't sure what the point of having a partner was.

A few hours later, you guys were playing Uno and you won as the first one out. The others wanted to keep playing for second place.

"I'm out so I'm gonna get another soda from the kitchen. Anyone want anything?"

Winn got up from his seat, "Yeah, I'll uh help you"

"Um okay"

You didn't need help to get a soda but whatever. Maybe you would grab some chips too.

Mon El complained, "But it's his turn"

Kara consoled him, "He'll be right back"

You walked over to the kitchen area with Winn following behind. You weren't sure what he needed in the kitchen. And that made you nervous.

You opened the fridge and grabbed a can of your favorite soda from the fridge, "Did you want soda or something?"

Winn answered, "A date"

Like the fruit? Or like the activity? You were pretty sure Kara did not have any dates of the fruit variety.

You asked, "What?"

Winn said, "I mean do you want to go on a date with me?"

"Yes" you said without hesitation.

"Great, we can figure the details out later. I think it's my turn in the game"

You smirked, "It is"

You couldn't really focus on any of the games after that. Too busy thinking about your date with Winn. It would be a real one this time! And not just in your head!

You didn't win any of the games after Uno but it was a good night.

It was late by the time you and Alex headed out. She was your ride since you lived in the same building.

Alex asked you, "So?"

"So what?"

You knew exactly what she wanted to talk about but you wanted to hear her say it.

Alex asked, "What did you talk to Winn about in the kitchen?"

You replied, "I think you know"

"So when are you going out with Winn?"

"Didn't get to the details yet. There was very riveting game of Uno going on"

Winn won second place. It took a lot longer than any of you thought to get to the end of the game.

Alex said, "But you're gonna need my help getting ready for it when the time comes"

You smiled, "Oh absolutely"

"And if things go well, maybe the three of us can carpool to work"

"Oh shut up"

It was a bit awkward leading up to the date, especially at work. You two acted more like bumbling buffoons around each other than usual.

But that wore off after the first date when you found out just how good Winn was with his hands. At his apartment because you were NOT carpooling to work with Alex and Winn.