09. The Nexus Event [P1]

Start from the beginning

Loki gripped Týr's hand, the brunette squeezing back.

They turned back to look at each other, Loki continuing to gaze at Týr with that same, soft smile.

A sound from behind them abruptly broke their trance, causing the three to spin round, standing quickly.

Three portal-doors had opened, immediately allowing the area to become flooded with Minutemen as the trio were dragged through.

Týr's hand was yanked from Loki's grip, six Minutemen detaining him as he was pulled through one if the portals.

He glanced towards Loki, eyes wide, struggling slightly when he was pulled away from the other man, to a separate part of the TVA.

The ravenette, in turn, struggled against the restraints of the two Minutemen leading him.

Týr glowered at Mobius, before he was led away, round a corner.

"Well?" Mobius asked, as Loki was marched down another hallway.

"Well what?" He snapped.

"I know you got some quip you're dyin' to say."

"Oh, I don't have a quip. I've got nothing to say to you."

"Oh, come on."

"And why does Týr need so much security?" Loki spat, still tugging against the hold of the Minutemen.

"Why'd you think?"

"Then why aren't you with him, now, instead?"

Mobius ignored the question, "You just can't help yourself."

"You betrayed me!"

"You betrayed me!" Mobius retorted.

"Oh, grow up!"

"You grow up."

They approached a Time Theatre, the doors being opened for them.

"You know, it occurred to me that you're not really the God of Mischief." Mobius started.

"Oh, here it comes. The folksy, dopey insult from the folksy dope." Loki sneered, "What am I? The God of Self-Sabotage, yeah? The God of Back-Stabbing?"

"You're just kind of an asshole and a bad friend. Yeah, chew on that for a little bit." He clicked something on his TemPad, "All right, it's ready."

Another portal opened in front of Loki, this one red instead of the usual orange.

"What is this?"

"You'll see."

"Mobius!" The demi-god yelled, trying to pull away from the portal.

"Okay. No, no, no, let him, one last desperate trick from the desperate trickster. Go ahead."

Loki sighed, "The TVA is lying to you."

Mobius scoffed, then nodded to the Minutemen holding Loki, "Put him in."

"No!"

Mobius knocked on the door, before opening it and letting himself in, "Hey."

Ravonna let out a sigh mixed with a small chuckle, "Shouldn't you be interrogating the Loki Variant?"

"He's softening in the time cell," Mobius answered, slowing walking over to her desk, "But while he marinates, I thought maybe I'd interview the other Variant."

"Oh, no." She shook her head, "Just stick with your Loki and figure out what that nexus spike was."

"I know, but I think I can get there faster if I work them all together. Remember you said we have a part to play, and the part I play-"