04. The Variant [P2]

The three were walking through an area with various desks and shelves around, in a fashion that reminded Týr of a library, encircling three large statues at the centre. He gazed at the giant statues of the Time-Keepers with a look of disgust, as Mobius began to explain what he wanted them to do.

"I need you to go over each and every one of the Variant's case files, and then, give me your... how do I put it? Your unique Loki and Týr perspectives. And who knows? Maybe there's something that we missed."

"Well, you're idiots. I suspect you probably missed a lot." Loki retorted.

Týr bit back a snigger.

"That's why I'm lucky I got ya, for a little bit longer." Mobius sighed, "Let me park you at this desk, and don't be afraid to really lean into this work. Here's a good trick for you, pretend your life depends on it. I'm gonna get a snack."

"Oh! Mobius-" Týr began, perking up slightly.

"Nope. Not getting you anything. Help Loki with this and maybe I'll think about buying you lunch again." Mobius said, before walking off.

Týr groaned, slumping down into one of the chairs, as Loki sat beside him.

"I hate desk work. I blame you for this you know." He said, turning to face Loki, laying the side of his head on the table using his arms as a pillow.

Loki rolled his eyes, but chuckled lightly. Sighing, he picked up some of the files and started reading though them.

"Oh, my goodness. Don't tell me the Variant ambushed a killed another team of Minutemen." Loki mocked as he read the file.

Týr took his head off the table and leaned closer to read the file over Loki's shoulder. He faked a gasp, "And stole their reset charge as well."

"Shh." Came a voice from behind them.

The two swivelled around in their chairs to see the woman who had shushed them.

Týr put a finger up to his lips, "Sh!" He repeated back.

After a while of skimming over all the files, and Týr loudly complaining, the pair were incredibly bored. Putting down another useless file, Loki suddenly stood up, Týr absent-mindedly following as he walked over to a woman behind a desk, typing something on a computer.

"Hi." Loki greeted, gaining no response. "Hello?"

The woman continued typing, seeming completely oblivious to the two men standing by her desk. When it was clear they weren't going to get a response, Týr took a step closer and pressed down in the bell that was sitting on the desk.

The woman stopped typing and turned to face them.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Yes. I'm on some important TVA business." Loki began, stepping forward and leaning an arm on the desk, "Follow-up to a field mission. You know how it goes. We, uh, we red lined near the apex, and... well it's never good. Um, I'd like all files pertaining to the creation of the TVA, please."

Týr smirked, shaking his head.

"Those are classified."

"Okay. I'd like all files pertaining to the beginning of time, then." He tried.

"Those are classified."

"Okay, the end of time."

"Those are classified."

"Okay, what files can I have?"

The woman sighed and stood up, leading the two through various shelves of files, picking up two stacks of files as she went.