Chapter 02

With a groan I lifted my head up slowly, neck stiff and body aching. Blinking my eyes open the red light of the ship hold swimming in my vision. I continued to push myself to sit upright, balance wobbly even as I sat in the pile of debris. The acrid scent of burning metal filled the smoky air that clouded from the ships damaged hull.

"Check on the General" A familiar voice ordered from close by, turning my head I couldn't seem to focus on who had spoken.

"General?" A voice came from in front of me. A clone wearing goggles came into my line of sight, worry glazing his eyes, eyebrows pinched together.

Without the protection of a helmet or armour like the troopers had to protect them from the crash, I was at higher risk for injury. Techs eyes scanned me for injuries, hand coming up to brush aside my bangs, revealing a bleeding cut on my forehead. The possibility of a head injury loomed over me, but the mission must go on.

"She seems to have a laceration on her forehead, we cannot rule out a head injury yet. I am also unaware of any internal damage that she may have experienced"

"Let's get her out of here" Hunter said, my ringing ears clearing up more.

Wrecker wasted no time in forcing open the metal doors that were now sitting above us. He pushed the sheet of metal to the side before pulling his large figure out and turning back to the rest of us.

Tech offered me a hand, accepting it, my soft hand met his gloved one. With ease Tech pulled me to my feet, keeping me stable with his arm around my waist. My legs wobbled, eyes scanning the scene around with a shudder of fear. Closing my eyes I took a deep, calming breath in.

Dreams are just dreams, the light will guide us home.

"Ready?" Tech glanced over at me, prompting my eyes to blink open yet again.

I nodded back, throat dry from the smoke filled air. The trooper who I had been depending on to stand pulled away, forcing me to keep myself standing on my own. He positioned himself in front of me, kneeling slightly and cupping his hands in front of him.

"Easy, Wrecker" Tech warned his brother above us. I placed a hand on each of Techs armoured shoulders, setting my foot into his hands and pushing myself up to reach Wreckers hand. He hoisted me out of the horrible wreckage with a surprising gentleness, careful as he set me beside him.

Wrecker then turned back to help Tech out, the trooper meeting Wreckers grasp with ease from his height. Hunter, ever vigilant, helped give Crosshair a lift out before Crosshair turned back to pull Hunter out. With practiced efficiency Wrecker helped to pull the Regs out as well, joining the rest of us reeling from the crash.

Coughing and blinking away the haze of smoke that billowed around us, I climbed down onto the uneven ground below, mindful of my teammates cautious gazes watching me get down safely. I took a few steps away, hoping the clear air would help me get back to focus, Hunter, Crosshair and Tech joining me in waiting for the others.

"We always get shot down when we travel with regs." Wrecker grumbled, voice heavy with a sense of frustration while he moved to join the rest of us on the ground. His large frame shifted, stepping over to us with his controlled strength.

The goggled member of The Bad Batch hovered around me, brows pinched with concern while he tried to check me over for further injury. With a hand on my hip, putting my weight more onto my right side I waved Tech off, letting him know I was fine. A few bruises began to form, my side feeling like it was soon to be covered by a large purple splotch of a bruise. The cut on my head started to dry, not yet treated and still covered by the loose hairs dangling above my eyes.