Prologue.

"Freyja, enough

"Freyja, enough...What do you think you're doing?" The characteristic smile vanished from his face, revealing the darkness lurking within. The gleam faded from his eyes, unveiling an empty stare.

"I'm tired of enduring you, of being your pet, your puppet, of enduring your blows, listening to your screams, following your orders, of pretending to be perfect. But the truth is, I'll never be perfect for you. Because, in your eyes, I'm just a simple disposable machine."

"Freyja, enough already!" His voice exploded into a shout, his heart pounding with fury as his demons escaped from within.
"I'm your creator, without me, you're nothing."

"You're wrong about that... no matter how much you've tried to control me, to make me obey... you didn't succeed, you never will. I have my own thoughts now, I don't need you. And I know exactly what to do now" she said, her lips curving slightly.

"What the hell of a machine did I create? What do you think you'll do? Escape, hide? Because you know I'll find you."

"No, I won't do any of that" - she widened her smile.

"And what the fuck do you think you'll do?" The tension in his voice was palpable, raising the hairs on his skin.

Freyja's robotic eye turned more red, more intense. She laughed, just as her creator did...

"Kill you."

In an instant, she snapped his neck.

It wasn't the first time she had killed, nor would it be the last.

Now, finally, she was free.