Prologue

Author note.

This story was set in 1941 when World War II happened exactly like in history with the change of those things below. This was basically the Fanfic of Azur Lane.

Empire of Tenkai:

(Map of Japanese Emire and Tenkanese Empire, 1938)

(Flag of Tenkanese Empire since 1889)

Tenkai is located south of Japan, Kyushu Island, Shikoku Island, Okinawa and all of the islands around it are the territory of Tenkai while Japan keeps the rest.

Tenkai had existed since a long time ago alongside the Japanese empire and both of them have been allies since the end of World War I when they stood together against common enemies, including the German Empire.

Tenkai are good at the navy and air force but not good when it comes to ground troops, They are more focused on the Navy and ruling the sea as a result of being the island nation.

World War I.

Shortly after Japan joined World War I Tenkai quickly joined the war to seize the opportunity of Imperial Germany's distraction with the European War to expand its sphere of influence in China and the Pacific alongside the Japanese empire.

After the end of World War I, Japan and Tenkai were still allies and the Japanese empire gave the Marshall Islands to Tenkai.

Shipgirl:

The Empire of Tenkai introduced the Shipgirl to their navy in 1922. They used a thing called "Wisdom Cude" that had some memories and unknown power in it, No one knows how it was actually made.

They proved to be more maneuverable than regular warships and took less resources overall, Just as good as regular warships while costing less money and manpower.

By 1930, 45% of the Tenkai navy was all Shipgirl, Destroyer, Cruiser, Dreadnought, Battleship, Aircraft carrier, and Submarine.

The Japanese started using the Shipgirl in 1923 with the first being the Nagoto, Based on the Super Dreadnought battleship, IJN Nagato then later she became the flagship of the Japanese shipgirl, The IJN by 1930, The shipgirl became a part of their fleet by 30%.

The United States of America saw the opportunity for the shipgirl to be used in their navy in 1929 and their first shipgirl in service in 1930 was Lexington, The shipgirl of the USS Lexington (CV-2)

While the idea of Shipgirl sounds promising. It does not violate the tonnage limitations imposed by the Washington Naval Treaty. And was better in terms of Mobility but the firepower was not as powerful as the traditional warship, since they were still human, They needed to be taken care of just like a human which is hard to do for some shipgirls since they all of personality, While the real ship only have to take care of engine and their weapon since the crew are operating them.

By 1937, Only 5 shipgirls were in service with the US Navy and expected to be stopped at 10.

The British also saw the opportunity to trial the shipgirl in the Royal Navy, They expected to use around 10-20 shipgirls but after a trial and many tests, The traditional ship suited the Royal Navy more than the Shipgirl.

By 1937, Warspite was the only Shipgirl in the Royal Navy, Queen Elizabeth was the last shipgirl to be put in service with Warspite after the British canceled all the shipgirl orders for Hood, Ark Royal, And King George V.

World War II

Hitler's army quickly invaded Poland and started World War II, German, on the other hand, was not care about Shipgirl at all, and No trial, Only the proposal of the KMS Bismarck shipgirl was proposed to Hitler but it never took off and Nazi Germany never have Shipgirl since they will prefer it to be male, Which Tenkai refuse to do.

The United Kingdom was the only nation to have Shipgirl in Europe, With that being Queen Elizabeth and Warspite.

By December 1937. Tenkai has 83 Shipgirls in service, Japan has 50.

While the US only has 5, the British have 1, the German and USSR have 0.

The proposal of the Shipgirl for the Soviet navy never happened.