Untitled Part 14

(Almost everybody said "Make Aurora secretly forgive him, but make him squirm and be uncomfortable!" Soooo I think that's a good idea. :L )
(ALSO: I literally can't find a buff blond guy, so I'm settling with Niall Horan as George. BTW, George is a super sweet boy. Super sweet. He just doesn't quite like Remus because he's worried he'll hurt Aurora. After all, Aurora had told George a long time ago in Potions class that she liked Remus. And then the next week, Remus gets a girlfriend. George had to watch Aurora rebuild her walls. And so he's just weary of Remus. He's actually an amazing person. Just clearing that up haha.)
George----->
(I'm making him Irish by the way. Just because Irish accents are hot. Like Seamus Finnigan :D )

Aurora didn't actually know what to do. She appeared to know what she was doing--to Remus and George, at least. But they were wrong. George thought Aurora wouldn't forgive him. Remus was sure she would--in time. Aurora didn't actually know what to do. She wasn't sure whether she should ignore his please for forgiveness or if she should cave. These were hard choices to make. This determined their entire future together. Whether they'd go back to the way things used to be as best friends, or whether they would start dating, or if they--Merlin forbid--stopped talking permanently.
What should she do? She sighed and decided not to think about it right now. Aurora ran a hand through her mop of hair (not even kidding--it was practically a mop. At least, that's what she thought. Little did Aurora know that Remus was admiring her, thinking her hair was so beautiful while disheveled) before she reached the kitchens. Aurora reached forward to tickle the pear portrait, but George stepped in front of her.
"Please," George said, glancing between Aurora and Remus, his blue eyes settling on Remus for a second as they narrowed slightly. "Let me." He turned around and tickled the pear. The portrait swung open and George gave a quiet, giddy sound of approval (Aurora would've said it was a "giggle" while George would have said it was more like a "deep manly chuckle". And Remus would have said it was an dry walrus' mating call) before skipping inside like an absolute dork. Aurora stayed back for a moment, looking at Remus. The poor boy was looking back at her questioningly, silently wondering if she was actually going to enter the kitchens or not.
"Why'd you kiss me?" She blurted. Her hands twitched, wanting to shoot up to her mouth to prevent her from further embarrassment. But Aurora didn't let them fly up to her mouth like her instincts wanted her to. Instead, she glowered at Remus, her hands forming around her hips, looking rather scary for such a small being.
Remus frowned, his cheeks flaming red. "I-oh, um . . . I'm sorry, I should've asked. But your rambling about how I wear my socks was getting a bit repetitive."
"I was just about to get to how you like your coffee and tea black--!" Aurora protested with a heavy sigh as she tugged at her own hair, twisting her fingers into the roots of her black locks and giving them a stressed pull. "That's not repetitive!"
"No, of course not," Remus agreed quickly, his voice much softer as he stared down at her. She really was tiny. Especially with those walls guarding her from him. He wanted them down.
"So that's it? You kissed me to shut me up?" Aurora was disappointed. She was expecting something like 'because I fancy you' or 'because your lips are so kissable.' But no. Remus was a boy, Aurora had to remind herself. No boy says that. Until they've been in a relationship for years. And even then . . .
"Not entirely," Remus' voice was quiet again. Quiet and bashful. Like it had been when they first met. Just eighty times deeper. "I mean, I owe you an explanation. You deserve it. So please try not to interrupt so you can understand?" Remus took a deep breath as Aurora leaned closer with anticipation, eager to hear his answer. "You need to know the . . . the reason I went out with Indiana. Aurora, it wasn't because I fanci---"
"Hey, hurry the bloody hell up, you two!" George exclaimed as he walked back out of the kitchen, grabbing Aurora's hand and tugging her away.
"Later." Aurora demanded to Remus, before turning around and following the blond boy into the room filled with house elves. Remus' shoulders dropped. Great. When will he ever get around to telling her now?
George leaned over to Aurora, whispering, "Was he giving you any trouble, Aurora?"
"No," Aurora mumbled, still puzzling over Remus' words. "No, I'd asked him a question. He was about to answer it."
"Oh." George said, before he dropped the subject.
Remus followed glumly, shuffling his feet. His eyes were glued faithfully to the ground, not even bothering to pay attention to whether or not he was about to run into a wall. Though he'd been here enough with the other lads to know his way around the kitchens pretty well.
Though, when he did look up, Remus spotted Aurora and George whispering and felt a boiling flash of jealousy cruise through his gut and pang into his heart. His jaw clenched and he looked back down to the ground. Aurora had already consulted a house elf called Lavie and asked her to bring out some muggle chocolate bars along with some pretzels and strawberries. George had requested a plate of turkey and cheddar sandwiches with lettuce and mustard (he got very specific). By the time Remus came over, that house elf had disappeared. He huffed. Today was just not a good day for him.
Remus ran a hand through his hair and George jumped up on the counter, swinging his legs over the edge. He grabbed Aurora by the shoulders and rested his elbows on her head. Remus' jealousy was growing more and more rapidly. Soon enough, he was gripping his fingers so tightly against his palms that he could feel blood surface beneath his short nails.
"So today," George said quietly, under his breath. "I talked with this really pretty girl. I've seen her around. We're in the same house--Pandora Woods? I think she might like me." He said with that big grin of his. Aurora smiled slightly, still not completely processing what all had happened in the past ten minutes, so she was a bit spacey.
"Aw."
"Are you okay?" George asked, plucking his elbows away from her dark head to hold onto the counter beside his thighs.
Aurora nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Fine. Yeah, I'm good. I'm fine." She cleared her throat, glancing at Remus. "Uh . . . I've got Pandora in Potions class. We're table partners. She's a really nice girl."
"Yeah. She said I was the best Ravenclaw seeker we've ever had," George smiled.
Quidditch. That was a sport that, as much as Aurora loved to watch it, she could never play. Aurora, unlike her brother, hadn't had the guts to try out. She wasn't good with a broom, you see. Or, maybe she was good with a broom, but she simply was terrified of falling. Aurora, in her first year while learning how to fly with Madam Hooch, accidentally kicked off too soon and had shot into the sky. She'd gone so high up, Aurora was losing the ability to form proper deep breaths. The air had been thinning like mad. Eventually she lost her grip and tumbled down, narrowly missing the whomping willow. Hagrid saw her free falling and called McGonagall over. She slowed her fall, giving Hagrid enough time to run beneath and catch the girl. She spent three days in the hospital wing--not from injury. Just from trauma.
"Well, it's true. You're an amazing seeker." Aurora said, tearing her gaze from Remus. He seemed to be upset about something. He was furious, actually. Aurora knew why. Yeah, he was jealous. She knew him well enough to be sure about that. But Aurora didn't want to admit to herself that Remus was jealous over this. So she pretended as though she didn't notice.
"Just not as good as Potter. Someday, though, I'd like to be that good." George said with a grin. "He's got some real talent."
Aurora smiled wide. "Yeah, Prongs is very good." Speaking of Prongs . . . Aurora turned her head to look back at Remus, but he was gone. Her heart sank and her shoulders visibly slumped.
"What's wrong?" said George, looking around. His eyes stopped and rested on the spot that the taller, scarred boy had once been. "Loony Lupin's gone. Wonder why." He shrugged.
"Loony Lupin?" Aurora frowned.
"Peeves," George explained.
"Don't call him that, George," Aurora scolded, feeling offended herself, even though she wasn't personally insulted. "It's rude."
"Right. I forgot. You like him."
Aurora fell silent, suddenly not in the mood to joke anymore. She adored George, but he could be a bit . . . insensitive, maybe. Suddenly, the house elf from before appeared with a pop. She held their food in her arms. "Miss Black and Mister Holgin, your food is here." She placed the food down and disappeared again.
"Thanks," Aurora muttered, grabbing her strawberries, pretzels, and chocolate and she started to eat.
After a few minutes of silence (besides the sound of eating a late night snack), George's voice brought Aurora out of her deep minded thoughts. "Hey, Rory, I'm sorry for calling Lupin Loony, okay? I'll call him Remmy Rems from now on."
"Don't you dare," Aurora cracked a smile. George grinned when he saw her little smile. Feeling greatly accomplished and successful, he snuck a pretzel of hers.
"Well, now that I say it, Remmy Rem falls rolls off the tongue quite nicely," George smirked.
"I will personally stab you with a fork."
George's smirk widened. "So does Aurora Lupin. Don't ya think?"
"Oh my Merlin, Holgin, shut up," Aurora blushed, looking around for a fork.
"If I combined your names, it would be Auremus Blupin." George pointed out.
"So you're suddenly for Remus and I? Weren't you just telling me about how much you disliked the thought of us together after what he's done?" Aurora crossed her arms, feeling light headed from how red her face was.
"Hey, I get my moments! Just like sometimes, you have cravings for chocolate or for strawberries--" George pointed to her strawberries and chocolate, "--well, I get cravings/sudden bursts of appreciation for you and Lupin being together. And then at other times, I hate it. All just depends on how I'm feeling at the moment. I'm not actually sure. Maybe I'm just tired. I woke up at 5 am so I could get to the showers before the others. It's so awkward to shower in front of Oliver Pinxe--you know, the second year that will stare at my dick? Yeah. He wakes up at 5:30 to shower. And he stays in the shower for half an hour and it takes him another half hour to get dressed. By then, everybody else would have piled into the showers and yeah."
"Such a dilema," Aurora laughed slightly, rolling her eyes.

Meanwhile, Remus had finally given up. Clearly Aurora didn't like him back the way he'd thought. She clearly likedHolgin. That pathetic excuse for a pathetic excuse. Remus had stomped out of the kitchens, grabbing an apple on his way. He angrily bit into the apple as he walked towards his common room with his eyebrows furrowed. He didn't even think to check for Filch on the map. Why couldn't Aurora just like him back? Was that so much to ask? Why couldn't she look at Remus the way he looked at her? Why couldn't Aurora smile at him like he smiles at her? Why couldn't she feel what he felt when he pressed his lips to hers for the first time? Was it just not meant to be? Was he missing something? Was he too much of a monster for her to ever consider dating?
Remus was lucky--there were no prefects, head boys or girls, professors, nor Mrs. Norris and Filch before he returned to his dorms. Remus stomped up to his dorm, still upset. The apple wasn't even halfway finished by the time he'd reached his bed. Remus threw himself onto it, tossing his apple at his nightstand. It fell onto it, juice splattering in different spots across the wood as it rolled to a gradual stop. Remus sighed as he stared up at his ceiling with no emotion.
"Moony? How'd it go?" A voice emerged from the door. Sirius stood in the doorway. He started walking towards Remus. Remus scoffed, turning over to face the other way.
"Well, Indiana and I have broken up."
"That's great news!" Sirius exclaimed, sitting on the bed. "Why are you mad?"
"Mad? Psh. No. I'm not mad," Remus huffed, still refusing to face his friend.
"Shut up and answer me. What happened?"
So Remus was forced to sit there and explain himself to Sirius. He told Sirius the whole story. From the kiss to Holgin and the house elves. When Remus had finished, Sirius breathed out, running a hand through his hair.
"Wow. Well . . . my advice to you would be to let her know how you feel. Lay it all on the table. And let her mull over her feelings for a little while before she decides what she's going to do." Sirius advised. "And you seriously--pun intended, duh--think Howls has something for Holgin? I literally saw him chatting Pandora Woods up not an hour ago. They seemed pretty cozy. I wouldn't consider him a threat. You're your only threat, Moony."
"What?" Remus arched an eyebrow. "How so?"
"You're the only person standing in your own way from a relationship between you and my sister. By the way, don't just ask her out. You've got to actually show her your focus is solely on her and only her. She must be your primary focus. I know this because I know my sister. And also because I was reading about zodiac signs and it says that Cancers need to be needed. Make her feel needed with you, but don't be clingy. That's the worst thing you could do to her. Clingy people make Aurora want to punch something. And she will. Probably me if not you."
Remus snorted and turned to face his friend. "Sounds like fun."

OKAY I HAVE TO PEE SO BAD

And this chapter stinks. 3:20 am people. I fell asleep halfway through it and tried to continue my old train of thought. This is probably terrible. But IT'LL HOPEFULLY GET BETTER SOOOO YEAH STAY HOPEFUL :D love you guys. Comment suggestions below!