Astronomy Tower Bam Bam

The first thing Remus did after breaking it off with Indiana was march up to the Astronomy Tower to see what in the name of Merlin Aurora was doing with that Holgin kid. He knew he could have checked the map to see what they were doing, but he decided that would just waste more time. It would be faster if he were to just head up to the Tower as quickly as possible. Though, once he did look down at the map to see if they were still there--they were--and he walked faster.
Remus had thousands of thoughts flying through his head. More jealousy in his heart in these five minutes than he'd felt in his whole 16 years of life. What if Sirius was wrong? What if Aurora really didn't like him? After all, who could lovesomebody something like him? Especially somebody who's seen him in his full wolfish glory? No, Aurora wasn't a fool. She wouldn't like somebody like Remus. She couldn't. Was that even physically possible? For a werewolf to find love? Remus's face turned hot at the mere thought. Love. Was that what this was? It couldn't be. He'd never felt love--besides what he felt for his family and friends. How would he know the difference between obsession, a crush, love, and infatuation? Was there even much of a difference at all?
Relief ran through the tall boy when he finally spotted the stairs to the Astronomy Tower. Through a dusty window, he could see that the night was already pretty dark outside, even though it was merely 8 pm or so. The clouds covered half of the emerging crescent moon, preventing the sky from being as light as it could be. Yet, still, some defiant stars were shining brightly and dully through the different sections of the clouds. The boy could feel a small smile stretch across his scarred face as he looked back down to his shoes.
Remus hated stairs. He hated, every Thursday, having to hike up the dozens of flights of stairs. He despised it with his whole being. And heading up the stairs at such an incredible speed to see if the girl you fancy up to Hagrid's beard (more than that, actually) took a great toll on the young lad. Remus was already huffing and puffing by the third flight. Only a dozen more.
Finally. At last.
He reached the top. And he frowned at what he saw.
There was a sixth year blond boy--buff and strong yet lean and toned--holding a small and petite curly haired individual whom held a small chocolate frog in her hands, petting its head. The boy was asleep, his head tilted back against a stone railing that was connected to the wall. The girl was cuddled up, not eating the food in her hands. Rather, just staring at the small and fake animal with sadness.
"Aurora?" Remus whispered as he approached her. Automatically, Aurora looked up to the boy whose arms she was engulfed in. The darkness made her steel eyes look black like the night sky, yet the stars and moon made her tan skin seem pale as the white light in the sky itself. "What are you . . . you two . . . "
"What are you doing here? Don't you have a potions essay to write? How did you find me--wait. The map." She answered her own question with a deep, heart wrenching sigh that made Remus want to crawl into a hole and cry for no reason. "Why are you stalking me?" Aurora snapped, her sad look becoming guarded by an irritated one.
Remus stepped to the side, slightly shocked. Her tone of voice was a little bit . . . what's the word--terrifying. "I--um, well, I wanted to say I'm sorry."
This time, Aurora was thrown off. She straightened up, her eyes flickering back down to her palm where the chocolate frog had disappeared. She looked a bit disappointed before coming back to the matter at hand. She removed herself from Holgin's grasp and stood up, stumbling a little bit. Her typical grace as elegance was no longer maintained. "Oh?" Aurora asked quietly, walking away from Remus while stuffing her wand (which he hadn't noticed had been beneath her bum when she was sitting beside Holgin) in her pocket. Remus took note that Aurora was no longer wearing her uniform--rather a pair of sweatpants and . . . was that his hoodie sweater or Sirius? It was one of the two's. (See, Remus either borrowed the sweater and forgot to return it to Sirius, or vice versa. Remus just could no longer remember which one it was since that little thievery happened three years ago.)
"You shouldn't put your wand there," Remus said immediately, remembering the time he placed his wand in his back pocket (not quite the same spot, but still) and accidentally blasted a hole into his ankle. Missed his own butt by a mere millimeter. He'd needed to stay for two nights at Mungo's.
"I know. You've told me twenty seven times." Aurora said vacantly, running a long-fingered hand through her midnight colored spirals.
"Precisely? How did--"
Aurora turned to face Remus, stuffing her hands in the oversized hoodie's front pockets. "I have a good memory, Remus."
The way she said his name made Remus bite his lip. Yes, she was still mad at him. Her tone was cold and icy while speaking his name. He felt a great weight press on his heart.
There was an awkward silence between the two. Aurora looked away from Remus, her shadowed eyes casting to her left. But Remus refused to look away from her beautifully depressed face.
"You're mad." Remus said.
Aurora didn't speak. Remus reminisced the episode a month ago when she shoved him against a wall with surprising strength and pressed herself against him, getting close to his face while hissing, "Yes, Lupin, I'm mad. I'm very mad at you. And it would be wise of you to leave me alone." Whether or not Aurora could recall the event as well, Remus didn't know. Though she must remember if she has the memory she claims.
"Tell me why," Remus pressed. He wanted her to get her feelings on the table so he could tell her exactly what she meant to him in the exact way that she would relate to. That was the trick to getting people to listen to you. You listen first. Learn the other person and then make your statement in a way that would best include and interest them. If a race car driver wanted a new and faster car and you're a person who fixes cars, you could tell them "why go buy a new car and waste such a good car that you've already got when I can fix it up for you? I can make it ten times faster if you let me tinker with the engine and wheels . . . "
For a little bit, Aurora was silent. Then she sighed and turned around. Remus just realized that she was looking out at the stars at the edge of the Astronomy tower. If she tripped . . . she would just drop. End it all. Remus wasn't about to let that happen. So he reached out, pulled her back from the edge (she was stiff as a brick when his hand engulfed her small waist). His hand afterwards immediately dropped back to his side and shoved into his pocket.
"Because you confuse me." Aurora whispered whimsically. Her dark eyebrows were furrowed, causing a line to surface between them.
"I confuse you?"
"Yes, Lupin. You confuse me. You confuse me so horribly. One day, you're sitting beside me, smiling and laughing and--and flirting with me. And then the next day, you're distant and just annoying, then you go flirt with that Nirvana--"
Remus was about to open his mouth and correct her, but decided against it. That would make his situation worse.
"And if I'm completely frank with you, Remus John Lupin, I absolutely despise the fact that you chose to go out with her. Out of all the single ladies out there, you chose her! The plain little girl that shouldn't even be in Ravenclaw because she's so--so clueless! Lord, yes, she's smart. But she's plain clueless! She, like you, had been completely blind to whatever it was I felt. And it's inconsiderate and rude and just--"
Remus couldn't believe his ears. Aurora Black was slamming somebody besides him? A Ravenclaw, at that. He could understand a Slytherin maybe. But he'd never dreamed of hearing Aurora dishing out disdainful remarks about people she supposedly deemed better than herself. Never before had she been scornful about a Ravenclaw.
No, you see.
Aurora wasn't confused.
It was much more than that.
She was jealous. And Remus could see his plan, in a warped, hideous way, had worked.
"What am I blind to, Aurora?" Remus' voice had dropped.
Aurora looked away from the edge of the night and faced Remus. She glared at him and turned back around, crossing her arms like a child. She didn't answer his question.
"I won't be flirting with Indiana any longer. She was snogging your brother. I broke it off with her."
If that was supposed to reassure Aurora, it didn't work. "Bet you're upset about that, hm? Such a lady cheating on you? I'd actually feel slightly sorry for you if . . . "
Remus' heart leapt. "If what?"
He'd been expecting something like "If I wasn't so happy you two aren't together anymore so I can be with you." And then they have a romantic kiss in the moonlight with a snoring Holgin in the background. But that wasn't quite what happened.
"If I didn't think you deserved it."
It was, once again, Remus' turn to be shocked. "Why would I deserve that?"
Aurora's back straightened and she grit her teeth while turning back to the night. "Well, Lupin, let's think. You're a prick. An all around prick. You're a jerk. And a dick head. You make me so, so mad. If only you could understand. You're so . . . Remus-y. All the time. And always--" she gave this cute little grin which was supposed to be rudely mocking of Remus' smile. But it actually flattered him rather than insulted him, "--and you're constantly happy. And if you're not, then you're sad and depressed. Or mad. But you're almost never anything else. And you can't keep your temper down. You're always ranting about things if you're not just giggling at my brother's antics! It annoys me so badly. And the way you don't care that your socks' seams aren't lined up parallel to your toes. Or--"
This was going nowhere. Remus would never get Aurora's true feelings for him out at this rate. Her just blabbing about the things that Remus did which annoyed her.
Remus was a fool.
Such a fool.
But a crazy in love fool.
Aurora was mid rant. She was building speed, pet peeves that Remus constantly did kept escalating in her mind as she dished out every single thing she could think about that annoyed her. And she was just about to talk about how repulsive it was that that he liked his coffee pitch black, along with his tea, when she felt a large hand snake around her waist and while whipping the smaller girl around so quickly, she could almost feel her brain fall out. And suddenly, mid pet peeve speech, a pair of warm, soft lips were pressed firmly yet gently against her own.
Remus cursed himself on about thirty nine different levels. How the heck could he just--kiss her? He should have been a gentleman and asked her first. That was part of his mind right now. But the other part was cheering and screaming successfully, launching fireworks and bombs off into nowhere. He could already hear the sound of James and Sirius' whistles and howling of approval. Especially when Aurora's small frame melted into the kiss. Her lips felt amazing. Perfectly soft, just like how he'd always imagined. They tasted a bit like strawberries and chocolate. And just when Remus had begun to tug her closer as her fingers found the edge of his hair, there was an awkward cough.
Aurora jumped back while Remus just tensed quickly, shock striking his abdomen. George Holgin was standing there, embarrassed to have seen two people kissing as he opened his mouth to speak again. But his words were cut off by a gasp and a cuss coming from Aurora's voice.
Remus' head snapped towards her and he noticed the girl teetering on the edge of the Astronomy Tower, her hand clutching at the wall with wide, fearful eyes. When she'd jumped back from the kiss, she had resumed to her spot from five minutes ago (before Remus brought her farther back), only this time, she wasn't prepared. "Merlin balls." He breathed. If there was ever a time he'd been stupid, it was now. You don't just lunge at a person about to fall hundreds of feet off the edge of a tall building. That could knock them off the edge, or knock you off the edge, or both. But nonetheless, the desperate boy lunged forward without thinking and grasped her waist. He pulled her into his chest as he tumbled backwards into the hard floor, cushioning Aurora's fall. While she was unscathed, his head smacked the cold ground with a loud thud that was very audible.
Aurora just lay there in his arms, frozen. She wasn't moving nor breathing.
All this time, George was just watching the episode with wide, horrified eyes. He ran towards them, c0lapsing to his knees. "Rory? Rory? Are you okay? Gosh, Lupin, keep to yourself next time! You almost killed her."
Remus felt his jaw tighten. He just saved Aurora's life and he was being blamed for the fact that Holgin had startled them, causing her to jump back?
"Shush, Captain," Remus snapped sarcastically while closing his eyes and breathing out, his nose scrunching up as a wave of heavy pain passed through his skull. "Aurora, are you alright?"
A nod came from the body in his arms. She suddenly rolled off of him and sat up, eyeing the two boys in front of her. "I'm fine."
"It's getting late. We should . . . " Remus trailed off.
"9:00 isn't that late." Holgin snapped, rolling his eyes.
"What is your problem?" Remus exclaimed, his chocolate eyes flashing angrily.
Holgin glowered. "You nearly killed my best friend."
"I saved her life!" Remus yelled with wide eyes. He could almost laugh. Remus was so bewildered. Though, he recognized the line 'best friend', and felt relief flow through him.
"You kissed her. If you didn't kiss her, she wouldn't have been embarrassed and she wouldn't have jumped away to put enough space between you two as possible!" Holgin's voice was deadly quiet.
"You're one to tal--"
"Hey!" Aurora's voice clapped through Remus' like thunder. "Shut up. Both of you! Remus didn't almost kill me, George. I'm alright, I promise. Just a bit shocked. And hungry. I didn't eat much at dinner."
"Let's get you something to eat then?" Holgin suggested, his face much softer while looking at her.
Aurora shrugged and nodded. "Sounds good to me. Remus?"
"Hmm?"
"You're still not completely forgiven. You haven't explained yourself to me yet. But if you'd like to come with George and me to get some food, then please, feel free," Aurora said.
Remus frowned. Surely she'd forgive him by now? Especially after he cut it off with Indiana. "I-um . . . "
"Oi, just come along. I know you didn't eat much either." Aurora sighed, cuddling into her sweater deeper.
He looked off into the distance, evaluating the pros and cons. Finally, he decided to finally agree. "Alright, fine. But I don't want to hear anything from your friend."
"Vice versa."
"Not going to happen, buddy." Remus snapped.
"I could say the same to you,
"You could, but I'd prefer it if you didn't."
"Who cares--"
Aurora cried out in protest. "Merlin's BEARD, you two!! Do you ever stop bickering? You're worse than an old married couple! Now shut the heck up or you're both uninvited."
"Fine." They both muttered at the same time.

SORRY FOR THIS CHAPTER. It was written at 2 am :D Anyway I'm hungry and I have to pee.

Suggestions: leave below.

SHOULD AURORA FORGIVE HIM RIGHT AWAY OR MAKE HIM SUFFER AND WAIT FOR HER FORGIVENESS? XD