ROLLERCOASTER || JEON JUNGKOOK

Jang Nami spent her weekends at her part-time job, as an employee of Lotte World. She was tasked with supervising the queue of one of the most popular rides, in the entire park, the rollercoaster named Atlantis. 

She would ask the people in line how many they were in the group, then seated them accordingly.

" Hello, how many?" She asked. The girl in front of the queue held up four fingers.

"Please go to number two." Nami said. The girl and her friends went up, behind door two, as they waited for the rollercoaster to return.

" Hello, how many?" Nami asked again. This time, it was a boy about her age. He was cute, with dark hair and big, brown eyes. In fact, he seemed familiar.

" Um... one." The boy replied shyly, not looking Nami in the eyes.

"Don't worry, it's not as scary as it looks." She comforted, thinking that he was worried about going on the ride.

The boy finally met her gaze, giving her a cute bunny smile.

"Please go to number one." She told him, smiling back. 

The boy slightly bowed in thanks before walking behind the first door, and Nami found her eyes following him. Then he looked back, causing Nami to blush and turn back quickly, so he wouldn't catch her staring.

She shook her head , turning her attention back to her work.

About half an hour later, she saw the boy in line again.

Then again.

Then again.

By the fifth time, Nami couldn't help her curiosity anymore.

"You really like this ride, don't you?" She asked the boy jokingly. She noticed that he was actually starting to look a bit pale, like he was about to throw up.

"y-yes..." the boy answered, flashing his bunny smile at her again. Nami felt her heart flutter a bit.

"Please go to number seven."

"U-um-" He started. He was fidding with the hem of his hoodie, looking nervous. Nami looks at him curiously. He looked like he was going to say something important.

"Yes?"

" Can i be seated at the backß" He finished lamely.

"Oh, okay." Nami answered. "Then go to number sixteen"

Nami watched as the boy made his way towards the far end of the line. As he walked towards the door, Nami could see him shaking his head in disappointment.

Soon enough, the rollercoaster was full again, then it took off. Nami did her job and assigned people to doors as she waited for the ride to return.

When it did, she glanced back, seeing the cute boy get off. When both of his feet were firmly on the ground, he put his hands on his knees, looking like he was catching his breath and trying hard not to puke his guts out. After a while , he walked off, disappearing from Nami's view.

Oh well, I guess that's the last I'll see of him

She was wrong.

A few minutes later, she saw him in line again. This time, he was with a friend-someone who Nami knew.

"Jin-oppa?" Nami asked, when they got to the front of the line. The elder boy, who was the president of the student council, which Nami was also a part of, smiled at her, and as she looked back and forth between the two, she realized why the cute boy looked so familiar.