Chapter Ten

••• 6 weeks later •••

I walked into the raptor paddock, as I did everyday, to find Owen but he wasn't there. Barry was though, working with the famous four. Barry called me down, whilst her worked with Echo.
"I'm coming!" I shouted back. Once I had got inside of the enclosure, the girls started circling and staring at me. Barry observed them as I walked over to him, standing behind him slightly. The girls watched me in silence.
"Don't all come over and greet me at once." I joked causing Barry to chuckle.
"There certainly curious about you today. Did you get a new perfume?"
"No."
"Roll in anything?" He joked.
"We'll let me think. Oh, yes! I was rolling in Triceratops crap this morning." I said sarcastically.

The raptors let out small chirps back and forth, whilst starring at me still.
"Well, I'm officially on edge in here so I'm gonna find Owen." I said, wiping the sweat off of my head. Me and Barry walked over to the gate. Blue let out a throaty call before they went back to what they were doing.
•••••••••••••

I explained the situation to Owen, but he paid no attention to it.
"They have their off days," he told me," I still get bit every once in a while." He said lifting up his shirt sleeve to reveal some scabs.
"They're going to scar." I said whilst poking his bicep.
"Thank you doc." He teased.

Zach (Claire's nephew) was working with me and Doug, another employee. We was doing a head count of the stegosaurus herd, we just wanted to check all of the animals were okay.
"That's all of them"
Doug called over to me. My head started to hurt and I felt dizzy. So I walked over to the jeep, then everything went black......