Chapter Six

My eyes cautiously flicked back and forth between Blue and Owen, to make sure she wasn't trying anything. I couldn't lose Owen, especially now.

Blue was was more of the leader of the group, being that she was first hatched. Owen and I were only ones above her in the order, and that wasn't going too well at the moment. So if Blue decided to make a move on Owen, Delta and Charlie would follow.
"Shut the gate!" Owen yelled, eyes still in the raptors. What the hell was he thinking? Was he trying to get himself killed?

"Are you fucking insane?!" I yelled. If he got himself killed by doing this, I don't know what I would've done. I could feel the tears pouring down my face.
"Just trust me!" He yelled back, slowly backing towards the gate. Barry did as he was told and hit the red button. The gate began to shut, and right before it closed all they way, Owen turned and slid under it. The raptors tried to chase him, but the gate shut before they could, keeping them in the enclosure.

I ran over and engulfed Owen in a hug, I was happy he was alive. He laughed, wrapping his arms around me before pulling away and compassionately kissed me.
"I thought I would have to save you this time." I said in a joking tone, Owen started to laugh.

Hoskins was still standing in the cage, looking at the raptors as if he was still considering putting them in the field. I shook my head and walked up to him.
"They're not at all tame, Hoskins. Owen could've died, and he's one of the trainers!" I said. Hoskins didn't say anything, only looked down at me as if he was pitying me. "I think it says a lot about someone who's been there since they hatched can't even get close without the risk of getting attacked. Imagine what they'd do if you do put them on the field with people they don't know."
"That's why we'd kill the rouges," Vic said turning to walk away, "Only keep the strong bloodlines."
"You're not gonna have any left if you kill the rouges." I muttered, walking back to Owen, who was making sure all of the gates were closed.

"Don't try to get your way with him," Owen said flipping the auto-lock switch on before turning to me, "He's as stubborn as he is thick-headed."

I laughed and shook my head, looking past the bars at Blue, watching as she scratched her head on a tree. She was my little girl, and I didn't want anything to happen to her, her sisters, or Owen. I loved them all to much to see them hurt.