Chapter Three

I collapsed onto my new bed. I could just fall asleep right now, so I packed all of my items into my draws and wardrobe. I was just ready to fall asleep.

Knock, knock.

Someone had knocked on my door. Who could it be? So I forced myself towards the door and opened it. It was Owen.
"Hey, I was wondering if you would like a tour of the raptor enclosure?" He asked. Why would he want me to go with him to the enclosure? Probably just trying to be a nice boss.
"Yeah, I would like to go."
"Okay then. But you may want to get changed into your uniformed first, I will see you out side." He said, turning around and walking down the hall. I quickly got changed and threw my hair up into a pony tale. Locked my door and started to head out side.

I saw Owen leaning on a jeep, for some reason he looked quite attractive. I snapped myself out of the haze and headed towards him.
"Wow," he gasped looking at me, " you look amazing!" I didn't think I looked that good, but anyway why was he looking at me like that? I started to blush, so did he. He stared at me with his blue eyes, then he broke his gaze and hopped into the jeep. So I hopped in the passenger seat, and we headed off.

*************

We finally got to the enclosure, but we didn't talk the whole way there. I got out of the car and walked over to a opening and scanned my card. Owen followed me into the caged off opening.
"Do you want to go inside? Don't worry I will go in there with you." He asked me, I nodded my head. He slowly opened the door and turned gesturing for me to be quiet. So I held me breathe and followed him in. We stood in the centre waiting for them to come out. Owen had a confused look on his face and walked over to the trees, leaving me alone and vulnerable in the centre. I looked around, the space was amazing!

Slam!

A raptor had pounced onto me. I started to cry and I tightly closed my eyes. I could hear it breathing, then it ran its sharp claw run itself down the middle of my chest. I squealed in pain.
" Jay! Listen to me, back off! What did I just say!"
I heard Owen shout. The raptor climbed off of me, I tried to move but it was too painful. I could fell myself being dragged along the floor; I opened my eyes and saw Owen pulling me into the cages off area. He ran back in, surrounded by Jay and Blaze (two of the raptors saved by soldiers from the last island). He was risking his like to save mine. Why? Then everything went black....