4

The early morning sun beat through a crack in the curtain and followed me as I spent the morning rolling away from it. I was not ready to wake up yet. Eventually I ran out of space on the couch and gave in. I pushed myself up and looked back to see if Ryker was still sleeping. Instead of finding his bed behind the couch, there was a window. Confused, I looked around the room some more. I wasn't in Ryker's room. It took a moment for me to remember Kane literally ran into me in the hallway and insisted on me sleeping here instead of his brother's room.

I focused my attention on the large bed across the room. Finding it empty, I let out a sigh of relief.

I pushed myself fully up from the bed and really looked around the room. The furniture was an almost black color and the walls were painted a smooth slate gray color. I walked to the bed and ran my hand over the spot where I laid down briefly last night. The whole bed was made neatly and I couldn't help but wonder if Kane did it or if the house keepers came in. If it was the house keepers, did they see me sleeping on the couch?

I passed the bed and walked to the set of doors. I opened them and audibly gasped. The doors opened to a massive room. There was a large counter where the sink was. Nothing else was on top of the counter. Of course Kane was the type to keep all his toiletries tucked away in the drawers and cabinets.

Across from the counter was an archway that opened to a huge walk-in closet. The closet was the size of my room at home. I guess he could afford to claim all this space if the top floor was for the Alpha and his family. With there only being two of them, space was unlimited. Kane's clothes were organized by color and item. I rolled my eyes at his attention to detail. His belongings only took up half of the space. The other half was mostly empty. There were some women's clothes, but they didn't look to be worn at all. With a bit of investigating, my assumption was confirmed. The clothes still had tags on them. I wonder who they belong to then? Unless, Kane has a thing for dressing in drag.

Chucking to myself, I explored the rest of the bathroom. There was a small room just past the closet where the toilet was. But the rest of the space was for the shower and tub. A large, clear glass wall split the room in two. On the other side of the wall, in the center, was a massive tub with jets in it. Either side had a shower head and control panels. How complicated does a shower need to be? I shrugged off the question. This is Kane's room. Nothing for me to worry about.

I walked back out and over to the couch. I picked up the blanket I came in with and headed for the door to the hallway. With one last look around the room, I pushed the door open and stepped into the hall.

Back in Ryker's room, he was still passed out snoring on his bed. Good, I don't need to explain where I was last night. That was a conversation I didn't want to have.

I walked in and tossed the blanket on the couch and glanced around his room. The difference between Kane and Ryker's rooms was drastic. While Kane's room was sophisticated and sleek, Ryker's was cozy and cluttered. His room felt welcoming to me. I grew up just as much here as I did in my own room.

Ryker's walls were painted a soft green color and his furniture was made from natural wood. He loved himself some flannel and used that to dress his bed. His closet was a cluttered mess and bursting at the seams. His bathroom was ordinary. He had clutter on the counter near the sink, the tub was large but the shower was tucked into the corner in a frosted glass capsule. Nothing complicated about this room.

I silently walked to the small set of drawers that Ryker put in for me to keep things here and pulled out a change of clothes and my toiletry bag. In our early teen years, we got frustrated having to go back and forth between houses to bring changes of clothes and stuff. We hardly ever spent a night apart. So with approval from our moms, we started to keep a handful of things at the other person's house.