todays the day mother fucker!

(Mention of murder )

The waiting was killing Bruce. It had been a couple of days. They were waiting for the right day, and it gave Bruce a sick feeling in his stomach. Vance must have picked up on it because he asked Bruce if he was ok.

"Don't you feel it. It's today. I know it." He was nervous. Incredibly nervous. What if the plan doesn't work? He stared at the ceiling, trying to mask his feelings. Vance was lying down next to him and had grabbed hold of Bruce's hand.

"Don't worry, we're going to do this." He rubbed circles into Bruce's hand with his thumb in support. Vance couldn't admit this, but he was panicking. He just knew how to hide his emotions well.

"You sure about this plan?"

"Yeah, i am. Anyway, let's change the subject. What is the first thing you're going to do when you get out?"

"Tell my family I missed them. What about you?"

Vance thinks about it for a second before answering.

"I'm going to move out with Griffin. I want to be his legal guardian."

"Oh, well, I'm sure you would do great. I've seen how you treat him."

Vance smiles to himself. Both of them go quiet before Bruce decides to speak his mind.

"Vance?"

"Hmm?" He turns his head to look at Bruce, who was still staring at the ceiling.

"If I don't make it out alive c-"

"But you will." Vance interrupts.

"Yeah, but if I don't. Can you tell Amy I love her." Over the months he had been in the basement, he realised how little he ever told her that. He wants her to know.

"Ok."

The lights turn on, and you can hear the grabber coming down the stairs. This was it. No turning back now.

Vance let go of Bruce's hand and got up. He picked up the phone that they made into a weapon by filling it up with dirt. He hid behind the door and waited for it to open. He looked over to Bruce, a sad smile resting on his face.

"I love you, Bruce."

"I love you too, Vance." A single tear fell from Bruce's eyes.

The door unlocked, and the grabber looked at Bruce. He had an axe in his hand. Bruce's heart races, and he feels physically sick.

"Where's the other one?"

Vance shuts the door and hits the grabber on the head from behind. The grabber turns around and charges towards Vance, swinging his axe around.

Without thinking, Bruce jumps up and tackles the grabber to the ground. 

"What the fuck are you doing!? That wasn't a part of the plan!" Vance screams.

The grabber throws Bruce off of him, and he slides across the floor. The grabber stands up and walks over to Bruce. Vance watches in fear as a quick swing action with the axe is made. A pool of blood paints the floor. No. This can't be real.

Vance shuts his eyes tightly. Bruce is alive. He's alive. He's alive. Vance repeats in his mind. For a second, he almost believed himself.

"Look at him, Vance!" He covers his ears with his hands and shakes his head.

"No."

"Before I kill you, i want you to suffer. Look at him." 

Vance slowly opens his eyes. The sight of Bruce's lifeless body made him shiver. He moves his eyes to a grinning grabber and glares at him.

The grabber moves closer, and Vance slides through his legs and stands up.
He hits the grabber on the head with the phone again, making him more enraged. Vance runs and jumps over the mat into the bathroom. The grabber falls into the hole and brakes his ankle. The grabber drops the axe in pain.

Vance swings with the phone over and over again. Every hit became more aggressive. Every little ounce of emotion that had been locked away was being put to good use now.

Vance wraps the cord around the grabbers' neck.

"Today's the day you fucking die! Today's the day mother fucker!" Vance ends up snapping his neck. He stands up and walks out.

Vance's eyes fill with tears. When he gets outside, he sees a bunch of police officers. The next thing he knew, he passed out.

After who knows how long, he awakes again. He looks around to find himself in a hospital bed. All of the events flood back to him. A nurse walked up to him and gave an empathetic look.

"How are you feeling?" Her voice was soft and calm. It was sort of soothing.

"I feel like shit." Vance answers truthfully.

"Well, you have some visitors. Do you wish to see them?"

"Uh, ok."

"Alrighty. I'll only be a sec." She leaves the room, and about two minutes later, the door opens again.

Billy, Robin, Finney, Griffin, Gwen and Amy rush in and crowd his bed. Everyone immediately showers him with questions.

"One at a time god. I've just woke up." Vance huffs. All of them quickly apologise.

"So what happened?" Finney asks. Vance really didn't want to talk about this. Just incase he started crying infront of them all, but they deserved to know. Especially Amy.

"Bruce is dead. We were trapped in a basement and we were so close to escaping but he was dumb and now he's dead. He told me to tell you he loved you." Vance looks at Amy. Her eyes went glossy and she ran out the door, Gwen followed after her.

"We're really sorry Vance. We've all missed you."

That was the summer that Vance died inside. He would never be the same again.

A/n: I know this was a shit last chapter cus I kinda gave up on the last part but anyyywayy

thanks for reading 🙏