rumours

(Mention of sexual assault)

The rest of the week goes practically the same for Bruce.

He talked to Finney in the classes they had together, and when it came to break and lunch, he hung out with his own friends.

It was now Wednesday lunch, and Bruce was walking into the cafeteria, talking to Finney.

"Hey, do you want to sit with me and the others today?" Finney asks.

Bruce thought about it for a moment before answering.

"Uh, I don't know, I'm pretty sure they both don't like me."

"That's because they don't know you. Sit with us and I'm sure by the end of lunch we'll all be friends." Finney states.

Bruce looks to where Max was. He was looking at Bruce and signalling for him to come over.

"Uh, ok." He walks over and sits down in between Finney and Vance, getting odd stares from the two.

He looks back to Max, who had a confused look on his face.

Finney looks at the new snap notification he got.

He opened at and was reading the messages on the group chat.

Motherless skittles🫵 🏳️‍🌈🦅🦅

Goldylocks 👱🏻‍♀️: WHY THE FUCK IS BRUCE HERE 🤨🤨

My love 💓: yeh get him outta gere

Me: guys don't be mean
He wants to get to know you guys😊

Paper slave: what's going on????

Goldylocks 👱🏻‍♀️: you know the boy that kicked the football at my head

Paper slave: yeahhhh....what about him??

My love 💓: finney's brought him to our table and is acting too friendly with him!!!! 🙄🙄🙄

Paper slave: WHAAAATTT!!!! FINNEY WHY YOU CHEATING ON ROBIN FOR!!!!!! 😲😲😲😲😲

Me: OMG!!! 🙄
Why are ya'll making such a big deal out of this!!! He wants to be your friend!

Goldylocks 👱🏻‍♀️: HE'S A STUCK UP POPULAR KID FFS!! HE HAS ENOUGH FRIENDS 😒😒😒

My love 💓: I agre wit Vamce

Me: just give him a chance PLSSS 🙏

My love 💓: FIME! but just for u xx

Goldylocks 👱🏻‍♀️: EWW!!!! GAY!!! 🤢🤢

Me: shut up

My love 💓: STFU FAGGOT

Paper slave: ANYWAYY....We still up for sleepover round mine Friday????!

Me: yes 👍👍

My love 💓: yrhh

Goldylocks 👱🏻‍♀️: defffoo

Paper slave: OKKK BYEE!!

------------------------------------------------------------

They all shut off their phones and looked at Bruce.

"Uhh hi." Bruce smiles at them.

"Hi." Robin replies, but Vance just grunts.

"I'm B-"

"Bruce Yamada. Yeah, we know. You moved here from Nebraska, and you like baseball." Robin rolls his eyes.

"How di-"

"Word travels fast in denver."

"Oh."

The whole lunch was awkward as hell. Finney apologised to Bruce for the others being moody.

Bruce was on his way to Ict but got stopped by someone putting their hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, Bruce." It was Max. He looked angry? Bruce couldn't tell, but he wasn't happy.

"Oh hey Max, what's up?" Bruce adjusts his bag on his shoulder and was looking around to realise the hall was empty.

"Why were you hanging out with Vance Hopper?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"I was hanging out with Finney, and Vance was there. He didn't even talk to me."

"Well, let me tell you something about  Vance Hopper. So I used to be friends with him, and when we were, he told me how he wasn't straight. I didn't mind it. Hell, I'm bisexual myself, and one day, he just...he just I don't know. Forced himself on me."

"Oh." Bruce frowns. He would never think Vance would do something like that, but he's only been here a week, so he guesses he shouldn't assume things.

"Yeah. You can still talk to him, though. I just wanted to warn you just in case he does it to you. I don't want you to go through that." He puts his arm around Bruce and starts leading him to the class.

A/n: short chapter cus I can not be fucked lols