advise

Vance was shocked.

Why would Bruce kiss him? Would Bruce ignore him now? Was it all a mistake? How could someone like the Vance Hopper?

Many questions flooded his head like an ocean. It felt like all his thoughts were screaming at him, and he couldn't get them to stop.

He had made food for Griffin and put him to sleep. His step dad wasn't home. Probably at a casino or a club, spending the money they didn't have. Either way, he wouldn't be coming home until late tomorrow.

Vance had no one to speak to. It was just him alone with his stupid thoughts.

The door knocks. Vance looks over to the clock. Why would someone be knocking on his door at midnight?

He reluctantly opens the door to see Robin and Finney.

"Hey Vance, you got a min?" Robin asks. He looked serious.

"Uhhh," Vance looks around. It was practically pitch black outside, and no one was around. "Yeah, ok." He steps out, quietly closing the door behind him so he doesn't wake up Griffin and turning the front light on.

"We wanted to wait it out a little before asking but that day," He was referring to what happened at Barton Street. Vance's sudden outburst at them. "What was it all about? I mean, you know I'm here for you no matter what." Robin was genuinely concerned. Vance had been his best friend for like forever.

"It was my stupid step dad talking. He got to me. I'm...sorry." Vance kicked the ground below him. If he was speaking the truth, he was glad they were here. He had felt lonely without the gang.

"It's ok. So, we chill?"

"Yeah." They exchange small smiles with each other.

"Ok. Now we're all ok. Do you wanna come with us to Billy's?" Finney asks.

"Uh, I guess." He honestly needed company. Maybe they could give him some advice.

They reach Billy's house. He was in the living room reading a book. When he heard the door open, he looked up to see Vance.

"Oh, hey Vance. You hanging with us?" He smiled.

"Hey Bill and Yeah, if you don't mind."

"Cool."

They all settled in and chatted for a bit. Vance was sitting on a small rocking chair, and Robin sat on the floor next to him. They were sharing a blunt whilst Robin was texting some random girl.

Finney and Billy were on the sofa. Finney was on his laptop finishing some homework he had to do.

"Wait, who's texting you?" Vance asks, peering over Robins shoulder and reading the flirty texts he was receiving.

"It's Cleo. she's been snapping me nonstop!" Robin chuckles. Finney couldn't help feeling jealous, but of course, he couldn't say anything about it. They were just close friends, nothing more, so he could talk to whoever he wanted.

"Bro, she so wants you!" Vance grins, nudging his arm playfully.

"Hasn't she had a bite of you?" Robin raises an eyebrow.

Vance opens his mouth to answer but gets beaten to it by Billy.

"Everyone's had a bite of Vance." He chuckles lightly.

"Oh shut up! I'm not a whore!" Vance scoffs.

"Are you sure of that?" Robin laughs loudly.

"That's why you have no rights!"

"Just cause I'm Hispanic!" Robin gasps dramatically.

"No! Because you're a fucking fag!"

"That's why your mama dead!"