CHAPTER EIGHT

BROOKE SMITH

I'm still in the bus when my phone rings, it's Lydia.

"Hello". I says

"Brooke, where are you?" She shouts on the phone. She is somewhere noisy like a party is going on.

"Erm...I'm on my way home".

"Come over to my house". She commands

"What? What happened?"

"Just come over".

"O...okay okay". She says and the call drops after. I looks out to see where the bus reach if it will still be okay to go to her side and it's. I drop down and take another bus to her place. I wonder why she want me in her place.

I get to Lydia house and it's so loud with music and people shouting when I enters. They are partying.

Not the first time Lydia having party in her house, not surprise. She is a free girl so she do anyhow she likes. Her parents travels a lot so she lives with a granny nanny she has as her parents till anytime her parents come home.

"Brooke". Lydia shouts and run to me, holding a Budweiser bottle. She is a bit drunk.

"What's going on? Today isn't your birthday".

"Yeah, it's not but it just happened all of a sudden. Jude and I invited our friends over to party and I don't want you to miss this. You know thanksgiving is almost here. We will be with our families celebrating. This is just a moment to celebrate together before thanksgiving".

"Really?" I chuckles with surprise on my face.

"Yeah. You don't like it?"

I laughs. "I'm just surprised. Okay, let's party".

"Hooooo". Lydia shouts and we walks to others partying. I see Adam at one side, and just the time I looks at him, he looks at me and he light up. He is coming over to me.

"Hey Brooke" He says when he get to me

"Hi Adam. I didn't know you would be here too".

"Actually, Lydia invited me over. Just like half of us are here".

"Yeah, I didn't know this would happen". I laughs while he is smiling, watching me. I know that look, something is going on his head. "Since when you have been here?" I want to stop him thinking that thing in his head.

"A while"

"When are you leaving?"

"I don't know. How about you?"

"Just got here. I don't know but soon".

"Brooke, take this drink and drink". Lydia hit me from back small, giving me an alcohol bottle. Adam and I laugh small as I collect it. I drink and laughs when I stop drinking.

"You don't drink?"

"My second time". I laughs small. "My first time was here too. Lydia gave me".

"Oh". He laughs and I laughs again. It's getting awkward between us then I drink again.

"I like you Brooke".

I looks at him as I drink, surprise, saying "Uhn?"

"I like you Brooke".

"Uhn?" I says again but he do not say anything but keep on staring at me and his expression is so sincere just like how Alanna said it.

I stops drinking and says "Wow". I laughs a little. He is till keep staring at me. "I'm surprise. You like me Adam?" I ask as if I don't know he do.

"Surprise? Thought you knew. I know you know I like you Brooke". He says and I stares at him. I need to tell him this.

"I love someone else Adam".

He pauses, shock small and processing the words in his head. "Really?"

I nods. "Yeah, I'm sorry but we can keep being friends. It's not stopping us".

"Ha...sure. It's not. It's okay". He says disappointedly and I give him a smile. I turns away and breathes out.

I escape.

I walks to Lydia, dancing with Jude. Jude see me approaching them and I wave at him, smiling.

"Hi".

"Hi Brooke".

Lydia stop dancing when she hear my name from Jude. She turns.

"Hey girl". She staggers small to me and hug me.

"Hey, did you set me up with Adam?"

"What? Setup with Adam? What are you saying? No".

"He just confessed his feelings to me".

"Really? I didn't set you guys up. I just invited him over. Everyone is here...you know? And what did you say?". She release me, staring at me.

"No, I love someone else".

"Hmm Hmm, someone's boyfriend".

"They broke up".

"Really? The two broke up?". She pauses small. "And you are still going for him again Brooke?".

"I love him and I don't think I can stop because Alanna dated him".

"Brooke, she is a friend to you. Don't you think it's going to hurt her if she knows this?"

"Lydia, am not going to stop my heart from doing it. I'll tell him today that I like him".

"Really? And what will you tell Alanna if she know this? Actually, you shouldn't have gotten closer to her if you know you will do this Brooke".

"I just want her to tell me about him".

Lydia pauses, staring small before she nods, saying "Okay". She pauses small. "Do what you feel like doing. You are going now?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow".

"Yeah. Bye".

"Bye". We hugs each other and I leave. I do not bother looking out for Adam to let him know am leaving.

I come out and it's just 7:30pm. I take the bus home.

I'm determined to tell him I like him and am not going to regret it if he don't like me back. My heart is heavy, I need to tell him that words with sincere look like Alanna said and how Adam did it.

Aaron....I like you.